ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa workpermit ONE day gap (Urgent! Gurus, plz advice)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satsri

Visa workpermit ONE day gap (Urgent! Gurus, plz advice)

Post by satsri » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:54 am

Hi All,

I am preparing documents for my ILR and realized that I have a 34 days of GAP for my workpermit extension on my passport.

Digging this issue further with my employer, It seems my workpermit extension application was sent to home office on 21/12/07, which is 2 days after expiry of my WP.My WP was originally expired on 19/12/07.

This is not my fault I have sent all the documents to my company a month ahead of expiry. It was my employer did not send it to Home Office.

Today, I spoke with home office regarding it and they did confirm that they consider "posted date" as received date of application. Considering this I still have a GAP of 'one' day (20/12/07). Is this gap OK?

Can somebody advise Is there a "28 Days" consideration i.e. Are we allowed to have a day gap between workpermit and its extension?

Do I need any supporting documents from my company to cover this issue?

GURUS, Please advise?
Satsri

xyz123

Re: Visa workpermit ONE day gap (Urgent! Gurus, plz advice)

Post by xyz123 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 pm

satsri wrote:Hi All,

I am preparing documents for my ILR and realized that I have a 34 days of GAP for my workpermit extension on my passport.

Digging this issue further with my employer, It seems my workpermit extension application was sent to home office on 21/12/07, which is 2 days after expiry of my WP.My WP was originally expired on 19/12/07.

This is not my fault I have sent all the documents to my company a month ahead of expiry. It was my employer did not send it to Home Office.

Today, I spoke with home office regarding it and they did confirm that they consider "posted date" as received date of application. Considering this I still have a GAP of 'one' day (20/12/07). Is this gap OK?

Can somebody advise Is there a "28 Days" consideration i.e. Are we allowed to have a day gap between workpermit and its extension?

Do I need any supporting documents from my company to cover this issue?

GURUS, Please advise?
Satsri
technically you have a gap, however if your company can write a letter it would be useful. by the way how do you know it was only sent by your company on 20/12 and not 19/12. unless it was sent by next day it can easily take an extra day to get there......

satsri

Post by satsri » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Many thanks XYZ 123,

Yes, They do have a track record of couriers being sent and they did confirm that it was posted to HO 21/12/2007.

My company also gave me a letter saying that I submitted my application to them a month ahead but due to UNKNOWN ADMIN reasons they had to send my application to HO on 21/12/07, 2 days after my WP expiry.

Does this help?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:00 pm

it depends how you want to play this. are you going in person for an appointment? if so get the letter and keep it with you but dont give it to them. most likely they wont even notice this. but its definately a risky thing to do...

rajathwp

Clarification

Post by rajathwp » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:48 pm

I am also on WP and My employer sent my WP extension before my current leave expire ( i.e I have got the Home Office ACK letter 10 days before my Visa Expire). But Visa Stamping date is 31st March ( But my Visa Expired on 23rd March). Would that be any issue because if i am not mistaken you MUST make an application before your current leave expire and Visa stamping/approval can take time depending on Home Office.

satsri

Post by satsri » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 pm

rajathwp,

That will be OK because you posted your application before expiry of current leave. HO considres "posted date" as received date of your application.

rajathwp

Many Thanks Satri

Post by rajathwp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Much Appreciated Satri for response !!