ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you make a second FLR(M) application?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

browneyed_girlksk
Newly Registered

Can you make a second FLR(M) application?

Post by browneyed_girlksk » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me with my question. I hold one of these 27 month partner visas - and I understand that you cannot apply for ILR until 28 days before your 2 year qualifying period is up - which isn't for another 3 months. I want to start a new job, and the employer insists that I have a visa thats good for 1 year at least. Obviously this would be no problem in 3 months time, but they can't wait that long. Seeing as you can't switch to ANYTHING (ie tier 1, tier 2) from a partner category, is it possible to apply for a second temporary visa on FLM(R) prior to the end of my qualifying period so that I can produce a visa with dates acceptable to my employer? I contacted the UKBA about this but they didn't seem to understand what I was getting at and just sent me back a cut-and-past copy of the immigration rules...

Thanks, any help/advice would be appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Yes you can. Subject to New English requirements for partners

regards

browneyed_girlksk
Newly Registered

Post by browneyed_girlksk » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:21 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Yes you can. Subject to New English requirements for partners

regards
Thanks so much Sushdmehta,

Just to clarify, I know you can do this if you delay your entry to the UK, but this is not my situation. I switched to the unmarried partner category from Tier 1. Still OK? If so, any limitations to this policy I need to know about (other than the English) Pardon my paranoia - the UKBA brings it out in me.... :(

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 pm

No problem ( 295D).

e.g. - People who may not qualify for settlement for any reason (e.g. - not passing ESOL/KOL) at the end of two years or who do not wish to apply for settlement for any reason (wish to move and settle in another country in the near future) may also apply for further leave to remain (extension) to extend their stay in the UK.

In your case, it's just (an unnecessary) step you are being forced to take because of the demand from a potential employer.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.