ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian salary conversion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

km_india
Newly Registered

Indian salary conversion

Post by km_india » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:58 am

Hello Gurus,

I have a very urgent query regarding Salary and earnings.

I am applying in the following category:

TIER 1 (GENERAL)
I was working on UK Work permit from an Indian IT company for 1.5yrs and during this period I was paid an Indian salary as well as UK Allowances.

In the 12 months for which I am claiming my earnings I have the following scenraio:

INDIAN SALARY -- Salary Slips paid in INR say Rs 40,000 per month Gross income. For 12 months this amount is say Rs 4,80,000.
This amount was converted every month to GBP and paid in my UK bank account in GBP. But the salary slips still show INR amounts.

UK Allowances -- UK Allowances paid in GBP every month, say 2000£. For 12 months, this amount = £24000.

Now, My query is,

What amount do I have to for my Indian salary as my earning??? Is it Rs 40,000/pm which is Rs 4,80,000 for 12 months. This will mean, I will have to apply the multiplication factor calculations which is (4,80,000/currency conversion rate) x 5.3.
OR

Do I have to show the converted amount in GBP as my INDIAN SALARY. Which is Rs 4,80,000/currency conversion rate.

Please help in this regard. This is very urgent as I am not sure if I qualify for applying.

Thanks and Best Regards.
KM_INDIA.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:35 am

As you were working in the UK, you cannot apply the uplift factor. When answering the question of "where you earned the money" on the calculator, you have to enter the UK which will also indicate that you can only convert and not uplift your salary.

uk_2010

Post by uk_2010 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Yes you can only uplift you INDIAN salary only if it was earned when u was physically present in India. In your case NO you can't uplift it.

aspirant2011
Newly Registered

Post by aspirant2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 pm

What about the taxes paid in UK, as my company pay taxes on my behalf? Since i don't know the tax paid by company; Is there a way to convert this amount to gross in UK?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 am

Look at your payslip. It should indicate your gross amount and amount paid in tax.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

aspirant2011
Newly Registered

Post by aspirant2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:29 am

My payslip actually doesnt show the gross and net pay.All they show is the salary I take home which is net. Also what about some company perks like I get reimbursed for phone, net etc etc. Also I have a company owned car and my employer have spent on everything from my driving license, insurance to the regular upkeep. So can that we counted towards gross?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:44 am

You cannot include reimbursements. You have a big problem if your payslips don't show gross, because how are you going to prove to Home Office what your gross salary is?
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.