ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension help!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

upendrasonu
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension help!

Post by upendrasonu » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:57 am

Hi Guys...(I really need help on this urgently :shock: :? ) (like all other guys i guess!)

I have Tier 1 general Visa dated 21st Jan 2011 (till 21st jan 2013).

I'm concerned about my extension in 2013. As per the guides i have checked it says:
"Extension applications will be subject to the same points table as above, but with small differences to the points awarded for age and UK experience, as at present."

so if i understand correctly i will get 5 extra points for UK experience (if i earn >25k salary in UK for last 12 months) and so qualifying points being the same (95) i'll need atleast 25 points from my earnings and that puts me in >40k band.
So my question is whether its possible to earn around 3350 pounds a month for a 6+ years IT experience guy in UK??
I'm a project lead here with syntel in pune earning around 9 lacs.
Please provide me with some possiblities/experience..

Thanks much.

talentedWE

Re: Tier 1 extension help!

Post by talentedWE » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:48 pm

upendrasonu wrote:Hi Guys...(I really need help on this urgently :shock: :? ) (like all other guys i guess!)

I'm concerned about my extension in 2013. As per the guides i have checked it says:
"Extension applications will be subject to the same points table as above, but with small differences to the points awarded for age and UK experience, as at present."

so if i understand correctly i will get 5 extra points for UK experience (if i earn >25k salary in UK for last 12 months) and so qualifying points being the same (95) i'll need atleast 25 points from my earnings and that puts me in >40k band.
So my question is whether its possible to earn around 3350 pounds a month for a 6+ years IT experience guy in UK??

Thanks much.
I believe extension points are less as compare to initial application. you can check again. Also, earning 40K is not a problem since even if company bring their employee they have to pay atleast 40K on Tier 2 so they will hire you but i am afraid project manager is risky, in techy you can get that easily. I have same experience and earning 60+. Hope this helps

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:58 am

Hi Upendra..

Are you working in pure managerial capacity or I believe 'lead' is more to do with your designation .. I guess, you might be still involved in technical work. Please provide more details..

Hw abt finance domain?? IMO, finance has better demand and better salaries in UK..

IBians.. please share thoughts..

Polly P
Newly Registered

Post by Polly P » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:52 am

Tier 1 Gen visa will be abolished in April 2011 so you will have to apply under whatever is available then, unless you get a sponsorship from an employer in which case you should be ok

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:10 pm

upendrasonu wrote: So my question is whether its possible to earn around 3350 pounds a month for a 6+ years IT experience guy in UK??

Thanks much.
Yup, its possible. £3350 pm translates to just above £40k and its definitely possible, with good experience, be it IB or other domain in IT, to demand £40k. The only issue is to be here for the right job, apply yourself well and stand out when there are more than 1000 applicants for a job in the current scenario.

Average jobs pay in the mid £30s, decent jobs in the £40-£50k range and plush jobs are £60k and above. You can land into any of these bands, it just depends on luck, timing and how good you are in negotiating an offer.

KP

NeoZ

Post by NeoZ » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:20 pm

talentedWE wrote:
upendrasonu wrote:Hi Guys...(I really need help on this urgently :shock: :? ) (like all other guys i guess!)

Thanks much.
I believe extension points are less as compare to initial application. you can check again. Also, earning 40K is not a problem since even if company bring their employee they have to pay atleast 40K on Tier 2 so they will hire you but i am afraid project manager is risky, in techy you can get that easily. I have same experience and earning 60+. Hope this helps

Companies can bring in employees for 24K provided they leave after 12 months. This is not under any cap. Since 'Rotation' is common buzz word, this route will be exploited by one and all.