ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 (Indian Company like TC,CTS) to Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bharghava
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 (Indian Company like TC,CTS) to Tier 1

Post by bharghava » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:28 pm

I work from an Indiam company (CTS,TCS etc) which provide an Indian component and a UK Allowance. What are the chances of me getting a tier 1 - General Visa. ?
My details are:
1) 10 months in UK
2) 1800 £ UK Allowance per month
3) 550 - 600 £ Indian Allowance per month converted and deposited in HSBC UK Account
4) Bachelors in IT
5) Total Experience of 5 years.

Please advise the possible ways ?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 am

If you qualify and submit the necessary documentary evidence to support your application, then chances are 100%. If not, then ...

Reading the policy guidance will help.

regards

ArgieBee
Ireland

Post by ArgieBee » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 am

Are those payments net? Don't forget that the salary points are for gross salary (i.e. including taxes).

You can also use 12 consecutive months in the last 15 and use the multiplier for your home salary before you were deputed to the UK. However you need to include months in the UK that pay £25,000 or more to get 5 points for UK experience.

aspirant2011
Newly Registered

Post by aspirant2011 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 pm

How to compute the gross, when i've net (i.e. allowances + gross india salary)? how do i know what amount of tax is being paid for me in UK?

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 pm

An allowance is not salary!

When was exactly in this situation and my first HSMP (then) application was refused as caseworker did not accept allowance as salary. Remember, TCS does NOT pay tax in UK (for employees) and that's the reason they operate allowance model. However that was 5 years back and TCS might change have changed rules by now.

One of my former TCS collegues did manage to succeed in Tier-1 a year back. However, he qualified solely based on Indian salary and his UK salary didn't matter.

I think since you have already spent last 10 months in UK, showing Indian salary alone might be difficult.

You can always try to combine Indian + UK income but it will leave something for case worker to interpret.

sanjaym
Newly Registered

Post by sanjaym » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 pm

PLEASE NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT.

Uplift Ration Multiplier can be uplied only for your Indian income for which you were physically present in India. For the Indian income that you have received while you were in UK, you cannot uplift but can only use the Rs to GBP conversion and show it as your income.

akash08

Re: Switching from Tier 2 (Indian Company like TC,CTS) to Ti

Post by akash08 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 am

bharghava wrote:I work from an Indiam company (CTS,TCS etc) which provide an Indian component and a UK Allowance. What are the chances of me getting a tier 1 - General Visa. ?
My details are:
1) 10 months in UK
2) 1800 £ UK Allowance per month
3) 550 - 600 £ Indian Allowance per month converted and deposited in HSBC UK Account
4) Bachelors in IT
5) Total Experience of 5 years.

Please advise the possible ways ?
well since you work in TCS (it is not CTS, clear from your salary structure), the first thing you have to worry is about how you show your allownance on a stamped and sign paper. TCS will never do that and then you can not show the component..

In case, you cross the first hurdle, we can discuss rest..

you can not use the uplift factor either for last 10 months since you are physically in UK. So, I think the very first thing for you is to get reliable paper for your allwoance - get a friend from HR..

Madhav.S
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2(ICT) to Tier 1 General Visa

Post by Madhav.S » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:01 am

Hi,

I am holding Tier 2 (ICT) Visa and i am planning to apply for Tier 1 General Visa. Currently I am in India.

UK border agency stopped accepting Tier 1 General Visa from 23rd Dec 2010.

a. Can I apply for Tier 1 General Visa?

b. If Yes, Could you please advice?

akash08

Re: Switching from Tier 2(ICT) to Tier 1 General Visa

Post by akash08 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 am

Madhav.S wrote:Hi,

I am holding Tier 2 (ICT) Visa and i am planning to apply for Tier 1 General Visa. Currently I am in India.

UK border agency stopped accepting Tier 1 General Visa from 23rd Dec 2010.

a. Can I apply for Tier 1 General Visa?

b. If Yes, Could you please advice?
yes, come to UK and apply before 6th April,2011