ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can some one help me pls!!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moris

Can some one help me pls!!!

Post by moris » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 am

Hi,

I am in a very strange situation please help me out,here is my story....

I am holding PR now, will go soon for my naturalisation along with my wife. My wife and one baby are living with me in U.K. My baby is British Citizen as we both are on PR when my baby was born.

But before my marriage i have had an another child with my girl friend back in my home country,we were not married just had a relation and had this child.Now my ex girl friend is no more(Passed away) so i have to take care of my child who is back in home country, its my responsibility.

Could you please tell me how can i get my child here to live with me? can this child be allowed to come with me and live ,what documents to be submitted to prove this child is mine? does U.K immigration allow some one to bring their child who is not child (i mean legally,since this child was not born for a married couple)? I am so confused and worried as this child is left alone there with relatives, i would appreciate if some one could kindly understand my situation and give me the solution.
Kind Regards

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 am

I do not know your country of origin, but presumbly it applies to most if not all.
Are you a legal father, i.e. is your name printed on your child's birth certificate?
If so, are you now the only legal carer for your child?
You will need firstly get a passport for your child issued by your country.
If you are not a legal carer then you won't be able to apply for his/her passport.
If you indeed are a legal carer then you will need to apply for passport together with all other carers (could be your ex-GF family member(s) - no idea, just speculate here) and get their permission to take child abroad.
Then you can start worry about UK immigration.

moris

Post by moris » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Thank you for your quick response. Yes i am the legal father and my child carries my surname as well,i hope i can get a passport issued by my country .
Than how do i proceed with the U.K visa? is my child passport enough to prove that, child is mine and i am a legal father? What documentation is needed further to apply for a visa and what visa would my child be given?

UKPL pls can you respond again thank you

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Just because you're the legal father doesn't necessarily mean you have responsibility for the child. You need to establish that you have sole responsibilty for the child or get the permission of those with responsibility to remove him/her from the country.

First step - determine your legal position

Second step - get passport for the child

Third step - worry about visa.

M.

moris

Post by moris » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:54 pm

The child will be always free to join me ,there is no need any force or any restrictions. Those who is direct responsible for him/her are very much happy to send my child with me at any given time.

That is how i am so confident to say that am the legal father to my child I hope i clear the step one as per you!!!

When it comes to passport,the child birth certificate carries my name as a father,as well as in his/her school admission done on my name. Is that enough to get passport?

lanr3e

Post by lanr3e » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:35 pm

I think you should naturalize in the first instance then register the child as a British Citizen based on [http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ishfather/]. That will save u alot of hassle...in my own opinion.[/url]

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:03 am

moris wrote:is my child passport enough to prove that, child is mine and i am a legal father?
I know it is emotional for you, but unfortunately passport is not a proof.
Passport is a proof of identity of the holder.

ukpl

Post by ukpl » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:17 am

moris wrote:Than how do i proceed with the U.K visa?
(...)
What documentation is needed further to apply for a visa and what visa would my child be given?
visa type depends on the country of your origin and your legal status in the UK
good advice by lanr3e - become BC first

You will most probably have to go to your old country, get all the legal paperworks done (you can be a legal father but you also have your paternal rights established). If you and your late ex-gf were the only people with rights to the child, then you will probably need death certificate of your ex-gf to apply for child passport. The rules also differ for different age brackets (such as kids below 5, 5-13, 13-18 ). If you are from EEA country, then can your child be isuued national id card which might be easier to obtain and still allow travel to the UK?

moris

Post by moris » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Thank you UKPL and lanr3e for your great support in my matter,i will be in touch when it comes to start.

Thank you