ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Help - Advice needed - Urgent

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sparkle
Newly Registered

Help Help - Advice needed - Urgent

Post by Sparkle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:54 pm

I am a loss and don't know what to do. Please advice. My Certificate of Naturalisation is missing.

I sent in my application for British passport on 17th December. Stupidly I didn't do check and send and forgot to include my certificate of naturalisation. When I rang few days later I was told a letter had been sent to notify me of this. I asked if I could send straight away without waiting for their letter and was told I could do so and to make sure I write priority Handling and my ref no: on the envelope (which did). I then went to pick the white envelope with the Belfast address from the post and sent by special delivery on 29th Dec. On the Royal Mail tracking it says it was delivered on 30th.

I have been calling Belfast office ever since and they are saying it has not been recieved. They are asking for proof of signature of who recieved. Royal Mail have not been able to produced and still investigating. I don't know who is at fault. Meanwhile my application cannot be processed without the certificate. At the same time I am been told it could still turn up.

I have been so worried and at a loss what to do.

Please advice me. Has anyone experienced this with Passport Office. Could it still be in their office or Royal Mail misplaced?

I don't know what to do as I am continualy told at Passport Office to call back in couple of days

Mackenzy
Newly Registered

Post by Mackenzy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:26 pm

If you really used special delivery and still got the receipt, you should have the upper hand and file a complaint against royal mail and/or IPS.

Sparkle
Newly Registered

Post by Sparkle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Yes I still have the tracking reciept with me. Who should I file complaint Royal Mail or the Passport Office. Who is most culpable. Besides what do I do about my pending application?