ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobseeker or Self-sufficient?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fmac
Newly Registered

Post by fmac » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi guys,

If anyone can help on this I'd be extremely grateful as really don't know which way to go.

I married in the UK my non-EEA hubby in Dec 06 (suppose he can apply for his PR on this coming Dec) and I've been working since we came to the UK up until Jan 08 where suddenly I had to leave my job as was threatened by a passenger (worked in my local train station), I might be able to find a legal declaration from the Manager-on-duty or even a report from the British Transport Police which got involved.

Unfortunately it was near the time at the peak of the credit crunch and didn't find a job until Apr 09, have loads of job refusal e-mails so can prove I was a jobseeker, however didn't know I had to register in my local jobcentre as we thought the jobseeker allowance would damaged my hubby's chances to get the PR. On Jan 09 declared myself as self-employed and although nowadays I'm still working full time I run my small business as well.

The other option is to declare myself as self-sufficient as my husband supported my economically all along but again didn't know about the comprehensive medical insurance. Anyone can give some light our best bet on this case?

Also, is it better to go for a immigration solicitor or immigration agency? Or is it the same? Anyone can recommend a good one via PM? Have seen load of websites but don't really know where to go and they're not cheap!!!

Finally, thanks a lot for this wonderful forum, it's really helpful!!!

fmac
Newly Registered

Post by fmac » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Anyone please? Any ideas? Thanks