ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Stay Guidance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dilshanuk
Newly Registered

Long Stay Guidance

Post by dilshanuk » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi All,

In a bit of a messy situation here.

a) Came to the UK on a student visa in Sept. 2001
b) Went Back to my home country in July 2007
c) Came back to the UK April 2008 on a Dependant Visa (Dep.Visa issued in Feb.2008 until Jan 2011.)
d) Apart from the GAP above from July 2007 - Apr 2008, I had visited my home country Twice (2 times) from 2001 - 2007, one for 15 days and one for 4 weeks).
e) Situation is that my partner and I have been separated now, I can't apply any other visa, but I am working and will loose my job on 31st Jan.2011, is there a way I can appeal to Home Office on Humanitarian Grounds that I have a life here instead back home where I have been out for the last 9 years. My 10 years will be in Sept. 2011.

A lawyer advised me that as I am still on Student dependant, there would have been a possibility if I would have reached the 10 year mark but now it seems difficult.

Will be grateful if you could assist / guide me on this, is there any hope that HO may consider this as I have been left in a mess - just wanted to see if there is any way - as it will be v.difficult for me to establish myself backhome after such a long time.

My age group is 32 - 34, do you think that HO can consider this case on Humanitarian grounds ?

Will be very grateful for your insight /suggestions/ real life example and guidance.

Dilshan

xyz123

Re: Long Stay Guidance

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 pm

dilshanuk wrote:Hi All,

In a bit of a messy situation here.

a) Came to the UK on a student visa in Sept. 2001
b) Went Back to my home country in July 2007
c) Came back to the UK April 2008 on a Dependant Visa (Dep.Visa issued in Feb.2008 until Jan 2011.)
d) Apart from the GAP above from July 2007 - Apr 2008, I had visited my home country Twice (2 times) from 2001 - 2007, one for 15 days and one for 4 weeks).
e) Situation is that my partner and I have been separated now, I can't apply any other visa, but I am working and will loose my job on 31st Jan.2011, is there a way I can appeal to Home Office on Humanitarian Grounds that I have a life here instead back home where I have been out for the last 9 years. My 10 years will be in Sept. 2011.

A lawyer advised me that as I am still on Student dependant, there would have been a possibility if I would have reached the 10 year mark but now it seems difficult.

Will be grateful if you could assist / guide me on this, is there any hope that HO may consider this as I have been left in a mess - just wanted to see if there is any way - as it will be v.difficult for me to establish myself backhome after such a long time.

My age group is 32 - 34, do you think that HO can consider this case on Humanitarian grounds ?

Will be very grateful for your insight /suggestions/ real life example and guidance.

Dilshan
do you have any kids / properties or any other associate with this country. it is difficult. you shouldnt have gone for so long between july and april without a visa and you might have qualified for 10 year visa.

dilshanuk
Newly Registered

Post by dilshanuk » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi Xyz123,

I don't have any property, kids over here, the only thing I have is the length of time spend here and a good job. I had to go at that time due to a serious family issue - do you think it is worth a try or shall I give up and go back soon this month.

I have friends over here but no blood relations.

Thanks for your reply and will be grateful for your suggestions...!!
Regards