ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UTR number and Class 2 NI bill? Urgent help needed!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumarsanjeev
Newly Registered

UTR number and Class 2 NI bill? Urgent help needed!!

Post by kumarsanjeev » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi,
I was reading the new revised policy guidelines for self employed and it looked bit confusing to me. I would appreciate if the moderators and the senior members can clarify my doubt.

Para 138 of the policy guidance says that "applicants claiming
points for self employed earnings made in
the UK must provide documents to show
that they are registered as self employed
and were registered as self-employed for the
period when this money was earned."

can this be proved by providing the evidence that the applicant was paying the class 2 NI contribution for the period claimed or is the UTR a must document?

Para 140 says " If the applicant is claiming earnings
from self employment in the UK, he/she must
provide evidence that he/she was paying
Class 2 National Insurance contributions
during the period/s of self-employment used
to claim points."

Please confirm if I can claim the points for self employment (sole trader) by submitting the following evidences:

a) Business bank statement showing the receipt of the payments.

b) Invoice explanations from chartered accountant

c) Letter from Chartered accountant

d) Proof of paying class 2 NI.

I have not received my UTR number yet and i am due to apply for my visa in next 10 days time. when i called HMRC they said that i will receive my UTR somewhere in march 2011. I registered as self employed 6 weeks ago.

i would appreciate if the moderators and seniors can confirm if the UTR is a must document which has to be submitted in all the cases where the applicant is claiming points by self employment? or there is no need to send UTR if the applicant is providing the class 2 NI bill?

kumarsanjeev
Newly Registered

Post by kumarsanjeev » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 am

can any one help please!!

Moderators and senior members please help!!

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:20 pm

kumarsanjeev wrote:can any one help please!!

Moderators and senior members please help!!
Call them and ask them to send you a confirmation letter with your UTR number. I think they do this service.

Last Friday, I have asked them to do this for me and they told me that they are sending me a letter stating my UTR number on it and i should receive in 1 week.

Ekina
Newly Registered

What was the outcome?

Post by Ekina » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi,

I am in a very similar situation. What did you do in the end? I applied online on 24th of December and when I called HMRC they said that I will receive welcome letter in March.

How are you paying NI contributions?
Did you manage to get the letter earlier?

Thanks,

K.

shyamanand

hi all

Post by shyamanand » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 pm

I fall in same criteria but managed to get my class 2 quarterly bill. Paid and attached the bill/receipt with my application thats what the least one can do if u dont get ur utr no on time. I applied for tier1 general by post on January 10th 2011.

Hmrc really tested my patience more seems like an office with no proper system. every time u call u get different answers. weird! They wont sent any letters as mentioned earlier. The only letter they will sent out is the welcome ltr with the utr no . I know this coz I faxed and called them several times in different numbers but no positive response. But Possible to get ur NI2 bill. HO could understand that class 2 is paid only by self employed only, atleast you get chance to prove you r self employed at later stage.

Received ackw and biometric lettr as well, just hopin for the best. I will update with any info I receive from HO.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:18 pm

u need to keep mail received from hmrc for proof of application made for registration

post yr application , mean time hmrc will post u or keep chasing throug yr actant to hmrc
CDOKS

sunny!!!

Post by sunny!!! » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi,
I was in the same boat, but I had my self registered as a self employed in Sep 2010. However, HMRC didn’t issue me with the UTR number until mid of January.
I called their self employed helpline (0845 915 4515) and asked them to send me my UTR number, as I use it for the legal purposes. They then sent me a simple letter stating my UTR within 7-10 days.
Whoever is waiting to receive the confirmation of UTR, can surely request them to send one immediately.
Also, in terms of proof of Self-employment registration, you can always request NI department in writing to send you the statements of the account, they will then issue you a document which will state the date that you write as a work commencement date in your HMRC registration form.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/home ... tionss.htm

I hope this is of help, though I am not an expert.
All the best.

princesunny
Newly Registered

Post by princesunny » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:19 am

Hi

I need urgent help, i applied for self employment registration on 21st of January 2011, still i have not received anything from HRMC. I called them 2 times but they said you will receive your UTR number on 8th of April 2011.

Can any one advice me what can i do to get my UTR number asap?

Thanks for your help.

nks

Post by nks » Sat May 19, 2012 11:03 pm

In same context, what are my options to receive NI bill (or can I pay it without one)? I already have my UTR no. and now in process of getting the letter for self-employment commencement date from the link provided in one of the postes in this thread. Thank you.