ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Allocation process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Danlavis
Newly Registered

Allocation process

Post by Danlavis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Does anyone have a good understanding of how the "allocation" process works? My best buddy submitted his application (under almost identical circumstances) one day before me, and has already had his response. I'm still awaiting my letter and have been told my application is awaiting allocation over the phone.

His was submitted at Southwark, London.
Mine was at Brent, London.

Brent is one of the most culturally diverse boroughs - does that mean my application may be in a big "Brent" pile?

Any thoughts/insights greatly apprecitated!

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:05 am

Even if your circumstances are almost identical - your credit history, criminal records, HMRC data, and other information that Home Office checks may be different and could take longer to find or process.

dgat
Newly Registered

Post by dgat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Jus to add more info to the previous post.

Two applications were submitted on 16 th Dec ( one from Hounslow and one from Redbridge). One of them got debited on 24th Dec and the other on 31st Dec.

It's not clear on how it works, even before the 'real' processing starts.