ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents posted but solicitor is not in touch

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blessedme
Newly Registered

documents posted but solicitor is not in touch

Post by blessedme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:42 pm

i just rang h/o who advised me that a decision was made and documents were sent just before christmas, gave me recorded delivery ref. I last checked with the solicitor last week on 7th january but he said he didn't have anything from h/o then. am trying to get in touch with the solicitor but to no avail. Am curious and anxious at the same time. could anyone please advise on how i can track my documents. Do i have to wait for solicitor who probably is holidaying somewhere. Thanks in advance.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:23 pm

blessedme
Newly Registered

Post by blessedme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks for the link. I have been tracking with Royal mail special delivery but the search result is 'come back later' information on item not yet available. what does the royal mail do with uncollected items? Once more, thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:01 pm

If they had tried to deliver the item it would say something to this effect 'we tried to delvier your item on 02.01.11 but there was no one availble to accept your item. The item has now been returned to the collection office for redelivery'

Call the royal mail to ask where the item is. Not sure you can blame the solicitor at this point.

The other possibility is that UKBA haven't actually sent your item yet - they have a habit of giving out tracking refs for items that are still sat in their post room.

blessedme
Newly Registered

Post by blessedme » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:18 pm

thank you very much, am a bit calm now. I can wait a bit longer but was concerned that my solicitor doesn't update or reply when i make enquiries with him. Thanks, will update if i get anything at all.