ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Settlement applications - BHC India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VNM
Newly Registered

Post by VNM » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:37 pm

pancake wrote:It seems like everyone who's applied from Delhi for the spouse visa has disappeared on the message board. Am i the only one left?
Its been exactly 8 weeks and 3 days since my hubby submitted the spouse visa. We still haven't heard anything : (

I'm missing him so much. Its like the ECO's dont care that its so hard to stay apart. Sorry i just cant keep these thoughts to myself.

Pancake
Hi,

I am still around....also applied for a settlement visa (but not a spouse) applied on 14/09/10... still says application in process...i can understand what you are going through. I am away from my husband (he is a british citizen) stuck in india due to unforseen circumstances..

Any one else who has applied around the same time?

Kind Regards

VNM

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Hi VNM. My wife applied for the Spouse Visa on 30th September 2010. The agent feels we will hear after 60 working days but other around me feel we should get a answer in 3-4 weeks, i am not sure what to think.

I been told to wait for awhile before starting to see the updates but the waiting is frustrating. I have already moaned about the time it often takes for the application especially when you consider the fees they charge. You would expect to me quicker and efficent, but it seems these officers and staff don't care about the mental stress and frustation the married couple or soon to be married couple go throught.

The length time should be looked into and sorted out, but they probably won't do much.

Anyway we are in the third week and its been 13 working days. Let's see where it goes.

VNM
Newly Registered

Post by VNM » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:03 am

khuddar wrote:Hi VNM. My wife applied for the Spouse Visa on 30th September 2010. The agent feels we will hear after 60 working days but other around me feel we should get a answer in 3-4 weeks, i am not sure what to think.

I been told to wait for awhile before starting to see the updates but the waiting is frustrating. I have already moaned about the time it often takes for the application especially when you consider the fees they charge. You would expect to me quicker and efficent, but it seems these officers and staff don't care about the mental stress and frustation the married couple or soon to be married couple go throught.

The length time should be looked into and sorted out, but they probably won't do much.

Anyway we are in the third week and its been 13 working days. Let's see where it goes.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, did you also apply at BHC Delhi or else where... Just completed 5 weeks start of 6th week.....My case is slightly different though, applied for a dependent visa for his sister as she is mentally challenged and her mother passed away in August and no relative is willing to look after her due to her disabilty as they have their own commitments and they are elderly themselves 65+...

Any way lets hope for the best... thats all we can do is just moan hehehe..

Kind Regards

VNM

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:19 am

Hi mate, she applied at the Ahmedabad Office. Applied on September 29th and it is now October 21st. Heard nothing back yet but not surprised, they don't work quickly from my point of view. The fees they charge they should be better.

If my wife's visa is successful i will still moan about the time it takes. ECOs and staff who deal with these visa's do not understand the frustration and mental stress one goes throught.

One can only hope they shorten the time it takes in the near future.
Either there are not many complaints or the complaints are being ignored.

pancake
Newly Registered

Post by pancake » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi everybody,

My husband got the spouse visa yesterday. We're just over the moon...this forum has been invaluable and i especially thank Batley Khan...Praise the Lord.

Pancake...

Harpz

Post by Harpz » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi All,

Thought i would give an update on hubby's refusal.

We lodged appeal in july within 4 weeks of receiving refusal notice and received pending appeal notice within 2 weeks and had given the date of 2nd december for the eco to send bundle to ait.

2 weeks ago received my court hearing date 6th Jan 11 for an court in South Wales (i live in london). Not long and preparing my documents.

Touch wood all goes well......been a long time since i have seen my hubby.
17/03/10: Application Submitted (Delhi)
12/06/10: Application Delivered and Refused
09/07/10: Appeal & Review Lodged
23/07/10: Pending Appeal Notice Received dated 02/12/10
06/01/11: Appeal Hearing and allowed on 17/1/11

VA88
Newly Registered

BHC timeline

Post by VA88 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Application submitted at VFS Pune: 01/10/2010
Application forwarded to the BHC Mumbai: 01/10/2010
Application under process: 04/10/2010
Processed application ready for collection: 10/11/2010
Passport collected from VFS Pune: 12/11/2010 (Visa stamped: 09/11/10)

Total working days 23
Spouse Visa for my husband

All the best to all of you!! I am very happy...I am speechless...

bolly009
Newly Registered

Post by bolly009 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi

My wife has applied for a settlement visa on 27/10/10 from Mumbai, with the view of travelling on 19/02/2011 if visa granted.

Has anyone had any experience of the time it takes when applying from Mumbai and the different stages to look out for on the online tracker?

Also we have put down the expected travel date as 19/02/2011, does this mean she will have to travel on that date also does the visa start from that date?

N does anyone know if she will have to travel in a certain time frame after being given the visas?

I m jus a little panicky so these question may sound simple and silly to some of u, i m sorry for that. N many thanks for your help in advance!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:55 pm

bolly009 wrote:Hi

My wife has applied for a settlement visa on 27/10/10 from Mumbai, with the view of travelling on 19/02/2011 if visa granted.

Has anyone had any experience of the time it takes when applying from Mumbai and the different stages to look out for on the online tracker?

Also we have put down the expected travel date as 19/02/2011, does this mean she will have to travel on that date also does the visa start from that date?

N does anyone know if she will have to travel in a certain time frame after being given the visas?

I m jus a little panicky so these question may sound simple and silly to some of u, i m sorry for that. N many thanks for your help in advance!
It usually takes around 3- 4 months to get visa settelement from Indo-Pak.

Once issued with visa your wife can come at anytime before that visa expires (in theory 27 months). However if your wife came within 3 months of date of issue, it will mean she will have no problem when she applys for next stage which is ILR which requires you to be resident in UK for 24 months ( 24+3= 27 months).

If she delays it for more than 3 months, then she has to apply for further leave to re,main to make up 24 months before she canapply for ILR. ( it just means you have to lay about £500 extra if you do this).

Hope that answers your question

bolly009
Newly Registered

Post by bolly009 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:25 pm

thank you so much for your reply it really helps!

3-4 months is long time, i thought it might have been 8 to 10 weeks, never mind i guess one just have to pray wait n hope for the best!

Thanks again, but others in my situation please do post some dates of the process if you have recently gone through it. thanks

bolly009
Newly Registered

Post by bolly009 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:15 am

hi guys

just an update on my wifes application, the online status now reads "Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 17 Dec 2010" but there is no indication of whether the application is a success or not!

Does anyone know whether this is normal or whether there might be any indication of the decision from this? My wife hasnt had a request for an interview/medical or anything so does this mean the decision is negative?

Waiting nervously now for the docs to be delivered along with the verdict!

bolly009
Newly Registered

Post by bolly009 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:43 am

Just a quick update for those applying for settlement visa

My wifes application was successful so just for the records here is the time frame:

Applied at Mumbai:27th October 2010
Visa application under process at british high commision:28th October 2010
Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on: 17th December 2010
All supporting documents and Passport with visa stamped (27Months) returned to home: 18th December 2010
Total Working Days: 37 Days

Really happy, good luck to everyone!

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Has anyonw applied after the introduction of new English Language assessment [IELTS]? I have been trying to get an answer on the passing band required for Settlement Visa, but it seems like this question has been left for everyone to just guess.

UKBA website mentiones that it requires CEFR A1 level, and the following website mentiones [http://qna.educouncil.org/Tests_and_Res ... yzynO.html]:

Comparison of CEFR Levels and IELTS Band Scores

CEFR Level A1 = IELTS 1.0-2.5
CEFR Level A2 = IELTS 3.0
CEFR Level B1 = IELTS 3.5-4.5
CEFR Level B2 = IELTS 5.0-6.0
CEFR Level C1 = IELTS 6.5-7.0
CEFR Level C2 = IELTS 7.5-9.0

Similar comparison is also posted on IELTS own website [http://www.ielts.org/researchers/common ... ework.aspx]

However I called VFS office today, a customer support representative said that the spouse will need to have 6.5 score in IELTS. This score from the above table makes up C1 level, far higher level then what UKBA is stating.

Has anyone recently submitted a Settlement application with IELTS certificate? If so, I would appreciate some information:

What was the score in individual modules such as speaking, listening, writing and reading?

Were the scores accepted by the BHC/VFS representative? any indication, if the scores were okay or not at the time of submission of the application?

Which IELTS test was taken General Training or Academic?
Last edited by harv on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minty

Post by minty » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Harv

Please refer to the link below to answer your question

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=66777

vermarohit
Newly Registered

Post by vermarohit » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:31 am

hi guyz,

my partner applied at
bhc mumbai-18/11/2010
current update-under process

has anyone applied within this week and has got an update?

thanks

very anxious

skitis02
Newly Registered

Post by skitis02 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Hi

My partner applied on 6th of December but status is till "Application forwarded to BHC".

Cheers

Jattboi

Fiance visa

Post by Jattboi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:12 am

applied Jalandhar office 15 Nov 2010 still w8ing 9th week

skitis02
Newly Registered

Post by skitis02 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:00 am

Hi Jattboi

What is your current status on VFS site as mine is still "Forwarded to BHC" from day 1. Has yours changed to "Under Process" and if so when?

Cheers

Jattboi

Post by Jattboi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 am

skitis02 wrote:Hi Jattboi

What is your current status on VFS site as mine is still "Forwarded to BHC" from day 1. Has yours changed to "Under Process" and if so when?

Cheers
Hi Skitis.. status Reads " Your application has been forwarded to the BHC"
Apllied 15 November 2010

please note applications have progress on the 10, 11, or 12 week do not contact vfs before this time you are wasting your time. i have filed many visas for friends and family in india 100% successful applications. Visa will be issued if you paperwork is in line. feel free to ask any questions im here for help.

skitis02
Newly Registered

Post by skitis02 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 am

Great thanks.

Yup i am expecting the same time frame, so can just wait. Good luck to you as well .

harv
United Kingdom

Employment question

Post by harv » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 am

Hi

I have limited company setup and working as a contractor, we have other IT maintenance projects as well within the limited company and I am partnered with my brother. He is also registered as the secretery of the company. So there are currently only 2 people running the company (my brother and I). I would like to select 'Employed' rather then 'Self Employed' in the Settlement application form.

I am paid 1500+ p/m as a salary from the company every month with ligitimate pay slips, leaving me around 1000+ p/m after all the expenses paid which goes into my savings account. The company has a registered 'virtual office' address, this is for a professional address and for mailing purposes. However I do not have any landline contact number for the business to be reached, but email addresses are available for contact and website of the company does have a contact form for visitors/users for contacting.

I am worried if the ECO officer asks for a contact number, which I will not be providing? and if I only provide website details and email addresses to reach the company would be enough?

I heard that the ECO officer do make employer checks from time to time and if they will contact via an email or do they require a telephone number for the employer to contact and confirm anything they have questions on?

I am in a dilemma now, what would be the best approach in this case? Should it be okay if I consider my self as 'Employed' and provide all my payslips and bank statements as required? I will also be including an employment confirmation letter signed by my brother as the company secretary. The letter will confirm permanent employment and its start date etc. I will also be enclosing my employment contract with my limited company as a permanent employee.

Also on a seperate note, I am a saver and save regularly from my salary to a savings account which pays a little better interest then the usual Current account. These saving accounts send statements quarterly or every 6 months and sometimes I have to switch my savings account because I find better interest rates elsewhere. So statement could have a lump sum transfer, however I can provide previous account statments as well to show the transfer of maney to the new account + mention the reason in writing on the bank statements as well.

Sorry for such a lengthy post, answers are much appreciated.

Jattboi

Post by Jattboi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:39 am

hi harv

have u applied for a visa and if so where and which category?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:47 am

Hi

I have few months left for my marriage yet, I am just preparing myself to deal with the application process as properly as I can. I am British and my wife will be applying for a Spouse Visa. She is unemployed and doe not hold any university degree either, she will be going through the IELTS exam to qualify under english language requirements.

Jattboi

Post by Jattboi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:59 am

ok harv u need to prepare all ur documents well in advance, u need six months worth at least.... p60....... payslips, accomodation. etc.... dont stress out.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have pleanty of time to prepare these documents, however I was just wondering of my current employment situation. I was just wondering if the setup I have made as mentioned above in my earlier post would be sufficient or should I go for some other route if it is a little risky? I will have all my P60's payslips and bank statements in correct order though.

I just want to make the application process as smooth as possible, so was preparing well in advance.