ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:57 pm

adura wrote:Congrats Aswadref,

lATAN,am sure your letter with the Harp is on its way..Freth Not.Though it Tarries it will surely come.

AsHWARNA just wondering how long does it take after the oath taking to having the Passport..i mean time length.
Am taking the oath Next week.
A friend that send his oath paper got his Cert .in two weeks,not sure if that still holds.

God bless us all..

Congratulations aswadref!

Nanette.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:42 pm

thanks everyone got a date for oath on 14th.

Aceform
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:35 pm Post subject:
Aceform wrote:
aswadref wrote:
Finally letter with Harp arrived today

Applied end of May 2008(5 years on work permit/Indian National)
Application Ref no 68/4***/08
Additional documents requested march 2010(birth and marraige affidavit)
Additional documents requested oct 2010(orignal birth cert)
file sent to minister 29th nov
letter for oath recieved today.
have to book a date in court now
will you keep u guys updated.

sincere thanks to all the members

Congrats aswadref, well worth the wait Smile

Just one more question there:

When they asked for your original birth cert, did they ask to bank statements as well?

Cheers,
Ace

nope they asked only for orignal birth cert which i didnt have so it delayed.i was talking to one of my other friend he applied 2 weeks before me and got it aprroved before christmas.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 am

Congrats aswadref. well done.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 am

aswadref wrote:thanks everyone got a date for oath on 14th.

Aceform
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:35 pm Post subject:
Aceform wrote:
aswadref wrote:
Finally letter with Harp arrived today

Applied end of May 2008(5 years on work permit/Indian National)
Application Ref no 68/4***/08
Additional documents requested march 2010(birth and marraige affidavit)
Additional documents requested oct 2010(orignal birth cert)
file sent to minister 29th nov
letter for oath recieved today.
have to book a date in court now
will you keep u guys updated.

sincere thanks to all the members

Congrats aswadref, well worth the wait Smile

Just one more question there:

When they asked for your original birth cert, did they ask to bank statements as well?

Cheers,
Ace

nope they asked only for orignal birth cert which i didnt have so it delayed.i was talking to one of my other friend he applied 2 weeks before me and got it aprroved before christmas.
Cheers, congrats again.

Aceform
Member of Standing

UK will not implement 'earned citizenship'

Post by Aceform » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Don't know if it is of any significance.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-11- ... enship.htm

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm

nanette wrote:
adura wrote:Congrats Aswadref,

lATAN,am sure your letter with the Harp is on its way..Freth Not.Though it Tarries it will surely come.

AsHWARNA just wondering how long does it take after the oath taking to having the Passport..i mean time length.
Am taking the oath Next week.
A friend that send his oath paper got his Cert .in two weeks,not sure if that still holds.

God bless us all..

Congratulations aswadref!

Nanette.
I was able to get through to inis hotline today after several months of trying. I requested for an update of my application. The lady told me they`re waiting to receive some documents on my behalf. I asked for what documents, she wouldn`t tell me. I asked again if they`re expecting the documents from me or other bodies. She said not from me but from other bodies. I asked her what other bodies, she told me they`re not allowed to reveal that to applicants; so i hanged-up the fone out of fraustration. Few minutes later, i picked up the fone & rang inis again to speak to a different person, after 45 minutes of waiting i got through to a very nice lady. She told me, they`re only waiting for a letter from the Social Welfare & on receipt of that letter my file will be passed on to the Minister for decision.
My question now is: for how long will i still be waiting? I applied early May 2008. More documentss requested by inis in March 2010 and early Oct 2010. These documents were submitted same period & acknowledgements were received from inis on receipt of those documents.

I`ve not received or collected Social Welfare since 2005 cos` I`ve been on employment since then. My local social welfare officer gave me a letter today stating that i received unemployment benefit between 2004 and 2005 and that I`ve not received any social welfare since then, is it advisable to forward this letter to inis including my recent bank statements & my recent tax clearance certificate? Can this fasten my application process?
Your advise & comments will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

southdubliner

Post by southdubliner » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:54 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:Called today. got thru after 20 min. I asked if my Gardai report is ready. she said it's not in the bunch that came back in December & a reminder has been sent as it's been a while (sent additional Docs end of April 2010) . She assured me that my file is not forgotten & there's a chance of my report being in the next big bunch of Gardai reports arriving in the next couple of weeks. She said they're actively working to clear the queue. :shock:
Hi All...I called them today, after the wait of 5 mins, i got connected and they told me more or less same as above...Gardai report is awaiting and a reminder is sent...Hope it will see the day soon..

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 am

nd2011 wrote: I`ve not received or collected Social Welfare since 2005 cos` I`ve been on employment since then. My local social welfare officer gave me a letter today stating that i received unemployment benefit between 2004 and 2005 and that I`ve not received any social welfare since then, is it advisable to forward this letter to inis including my recent bank statements & my recent tax clearance certificate? Can this fasten my application process?
By all means forward the letter to DOJ (after making copies for yourself). I did this when I couldnt bear the 'waiting for outside agencies' answer any longer. The letter was acknowledged and accepted and my case was forwarded a little while after.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:04 am

@ nd2011: If the SW letter is recent, Please forward it. If not get a more recent one and forward it. That should suffice. That was what i did in my own case and my application was approved withing a few weeks. Remember to put your app ref number on the letter before sending it off.

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:39 am

how some one can get this letter? sorry for hijacking
9jeirean wrote:@ nd2011: If the SW letter is recent, Please forward it. If not get a more recent one and forward it. That should suffice. That was what i did in my own case and my application was approved withing a few weeks. Remember to put your app ref number on the letter before sending it off.

nd2011

Post by nd2011 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 am

AShawna wrote:
nd2011 wrote: I`ve not received or collected Social Welfare since 2005 cos` I`ve been on employment since then. My local social welfare officer gave me a letter today stating that i received unemployment benefit between 2004 and 2005 and that I`ve not received any social welfare since then, is it advisable to forward this letter to inis including my recent bank statements & my recent tax clearance certificate? Can this fasten my application process?
By all means forward the letter to DOJ (after making copies for yourself). I did this when I couldnt bear the 'waiting for outside agencies' answer any longer. The letter was acknowledged and accepted and my case was forwarded a little while after.
Thanks AShawna and 9jeirean for your advise and suggestions. I will do exactly like you had advised. Cheers!

nd2011

Ask

Post by nd2011 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 am

flatpack wrote:how some one can get this letter? sorry for hijacking
9jeirean wrote:@ nd2011: If the SW letter is recent, Please forward it. If not get a more recent one and forward it. That should suffice. That was what i did in my own case and my application was approved withing a few weeks. Remember to put your app ref number on the letter before sending it off.
Just go into your local SW office & ask.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:07 am

Fill out FOI1 form from the link below and send it off to your local SW office. They'll issue a letter within a week or so which you can forward to DoJ with a cover letter.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/forms/Documents/foi1.pdf

9jeirean

Re: Ask

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:09 am

nd2011 wrote:
flatpack wrote:how some one can get this letter? sorry for hijacking
Just go into your local SW office & ask.
Alternatively, you may call this number 01-7043000 ask to e put through to taxation. Make a request for report f your SW payment records in the state since your residency. You'll get it posted to you within a couple of days

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:26 am

not sure about that 9j. Don't think it applies to all cases. I did send my SW Report but nothing has happened.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Aceform wrote:
not sure about that 9j. Don't think it applies to all cases. I did send my SW Report but nothing has happened.
Hi Aceform,

Did you check what report they were waiting on?

It is difficult to guarantee that same thing will apply to every one as individual circumstance will vary.

However, in general, there are two types of reports they seek from the so called 'external agencies': The Garda report and Social Welfare report. If the hold up is due to SW report, i.e if they have already recieved current Garda report, then you stand a good chance of getting a decision if you send in your SW report baring any other complications e.g need to seek second opinion from a senior staff etc . DoJ generally accepts recent SW reports sent in by the applicants. However you can not source Garda report yourself, so if you have sent in your SW report and they are waiting on Gard Report it may not make any difference.

There is another observed 'viscous cycle' which tend to prolong the processing time in that, say it's been more than 6 months between when they received the SW report and the time Garda reports comes in, they tend to re-request another SW report as the original SW report is deemed not current.The reverse may also be the case; hence my advice to nd2011 to get a current SW report.

I hope you get the good news soon.

Good luck.

9j

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:44 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Aceform wrote:
Hi Aceform,

Did you check what report they were waiting on?

It is difficult to guarantee that same thing will apply to every one as individual circumstance will vary.

However, in general, there are two types of reports they seek from the so called 'external agencies': The Garda report and Social Welfare report. If the hold up is due to SW report, i.e if they have already recieved current Garda report, then you stand a good chance of getting a decision if you send in your SW report baring any other complications e.g need to seek second opinion from a senior staff etc . DoJ generally accepts recent SW reports sent in by the applicants. However you can not source Garda report yourself, so if you have sent in your SW report and they are waiting on Gard Report it may not make any difference.

There is another observed 'viscous cycle' which tend to prolong the processing time in that, say it's been more than 6 months between when they received the SW report and the time Garda reports comes in, they tend to re-request another SW report as the original SW report is deemed not current.The reverse may also be the case; hence my advice to nd2011 to get a current SW report.

I hope you get the good news soon.

Good luck.

9j
Cheers 9j.

Never tried to ring them. I did send couple of letters requesting for an update. Each time they sent a letter back saying "we process all applications in chronological manner, and it is taking upto 26 months for application to decision......... "

They never mentioned what they are waiting for.

I have never claimed SW benefits since 2000. And not committed any criminal offense. So hope I hear the good news soon.

Thanks again for your time.

Cheers,
Ace

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:07 pm

Took oath today and sent the yellow form with the bank braft.

was talking to a lady from maldova she was there to take the oath as well she told me she recieved the letter to take oath in 20 months so still dont know what chronological order means with inis.

adura

Post by adura » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:26 pm

was talking to a lady from maldova she was there to take the oath as well she told me she recieved the letter to take oath in 20 months so still dont

Where did you take your oath?

seems mine is up next week..called few courts around but was told i could only do it aroud where i reside..so the earliest date i could get is next week.

so how long does it take form submission of oath papers to issuance of certificate???

Thanks
God makes all things beautiful

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Where did you take your oath?

seems mine is up next week..called few courts around but was told i could only do it aroud where i reside..so the earliest date i could get is next week.

so how long does it take form submission of oath papers to issuance of certificate???

Thanks

limerick city...the guys in the forum say it takes 2to3 weeks will keep u guys updated

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:27 pm

aswadref wrote:Took oath today and sent the yellow form with the bank braft.

was talking to a lady from maldova she was there to take the oath as well she told me she recieved the letter to take oath in 20 months so still dont know what chronological order means with inis.
Must've applied on the basis of marriage to an Irish citizen I would say.

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 pm

strongbow
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:27 pm Post subject:
aswadref wrote:

Must've applied on the basis of marriage to an Irish citizen I would say.

oh ya may be never thought of that but she told me she is in the country 8 years and she applied late so didnt want to ask her more questions

crown

Post by crown » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:39 am

asrpb wrote:
Fill out FOI1 form from the link below and send it off to your local SW office. They'll issue a letter within a week or so which you can forward to DoJ with a cover letter.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/forms/Documents/foi1.pdf
I have filled this form months ago for the Social Welfare report. It was accepted but they told me they would wait for the Garda report. As far as I know there is nothing we can do about Garda report

Brother1966
Newly Registered

Post by Brother1966 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Can someone tell me how the social welfare report can affect my application.

Here is my position:I worked for 10 yrs continuously from 2000 on work permits,stamp 4 and now on stamp 5,never claimed social welfare until October 2010 when I lost my job.

Submitted application for citizenship in Sept 2009 and given a reference number but not yet informed of anything.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Brother1966 wrote:Can someone tell me how the social welfare report can affect my application.

Here is my position:I worked for 10 yrs continuously from 2000 on work permits,stamp 4 and now on stamp 5,never claimed social welfare until October 2010 when I lost my job.

Submitted application for citizenship in Sept 2009 and given a reference number but not yet informed of anything.
Right now it looks like they are processing the application forms of those who applied in early 2009 which is why you haven't heard anything yet.
The main reason for checking the social welfare report is to ensure that you are not dependent on the Govt for support. Personally I would think that you have taken a risk by claiming social welfare when your citizenship is being processed, but you will come to know in a few months time.