ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Visa application - from Mumbai - status update

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: Mumbai South VFS

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:42 am

miteshmcse wrote:Mark....Cap is not in place anymore....they have stopped accepting new applications but will process all the application from here onwards in this month it self...
Mitesh, I think this is what Mark is worried about:
asethi wrote:I have just now contacted BHC on their helpline, and I am totally shocked with the response. They say that "the monthly limit of issuing 600 VISA is still in place and Mumbai BHC has just started to issue the visas for their Jan quota. So if my application is not processed in Jan Limit, I had to wait for the FEB month".

Its already more than 7 weeks since I am waiting. I am thinking about withdrawing my application now, as I had taken leaves from my job (in UK) for applying Tier1.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

asethi

Re: Mumbai South VFS

Post by asethi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 am

mulderpf wrote:
miteshmcse wrote:Mark....Cap is not in place anymore....they have stopped accepting new applications but will process all the application from here onwards in this month it self...
Mitesh, I think this is what Mark is worried about:
asethi wrote:I have just now contacted BHC on their helpline, and I am totally shocked with the response. They say that "the monthly limit of issuing 600 VISA is still in place and Mumbai BHC has just started to issue the visas for their Jan quota. So if my application is not processed in Jan Limit, I had to wait for the FEB month".

Its already more than 7 weeks since I am waiting. I am thinking about withdrawing my application now, as I had taken leaves from my job (in UK) for applying Tier1.
Dear mulderpf,

This is what the lady at BHS told me. I know very well that there is no monthly cap. But after getting this response from the lady from BHS today 12 Jan 2011 around 2:30 pm I was also shocked, I am also not sure if that lady at BHS itself is not updated with the latest rules.

mark7
Newly Registered

Mumbai South VFS

Post by mark7 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:02 am

Thanks a lot guys for being so helpful.... We just waiting to get everything sorted so that my wife and daughter dosent loose her UK job and school place.

Its still showing under process....

I wish they had a separate category for people with UK earnings. As they too know how strict these things are there...
Anyway guys keep on posting of any new developments....

BIG THANKS AGAIN and VERY BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

raghav17
Newly Registered

Post by raghav17 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:04 am

Dear Mumbai applicants,
I had been to VFS Mumbai North Yesterday to collect my pp!
I checked with them on behlf u all reg delay in processing for mumbai applications.
He(vfs-mem) said that there is no CAP limit nor any software upgrade as mentioned in one of the blog in this site. He said you just need to wait until status is not changed in web site.
Also he indicated that most prob everyday at 4.30-5.00pm they will update the status in website. sometimes it will reflect at 7.00 pm also.
So don't be panic.

Reg,
Raghav

asethi

Post by asethi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 am

raghav17 wrote:Dear Mumbai applicants,
I had been to VFS Mumbai North Yesterday to collect my pp!
I checked with them on behlf u all reg delay in processing for mumbai applications.
He(vfs-mem) said that there is no CAP limit nor any software upgrade as mentioned in one of the blog in this site. He said you just need to wait until status is not changed in web site.
Also he indicated that most prob everyday at 4.30-5.00pm they will update the status in website. sometimes it will reflect at 7.00 pm also.
So don't be panic.

Reg,
Raghav
Thanks Raghav.
Mark, I agree with you may be for UK earnings applicants it will take time. I am also worried about my current job in UK. Anyways we have to wait...

bloke

Post by bloke » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Guys I have some good news..
My friend who applied on the same day with me, his status changed few mins back to In transit.
Hoping to get mine too by tomorrow.
The status generally changes after 6 pm.
All the best to everyone.

miteshmcse

Re: Trin Trin ...any news ?

Post by miteshmcse » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:28 am

Status still remains the same....under process...today shd get response......
Mitesh.

mark7
Newly Registered

Response

Post by mark7 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:31 am

• Hi anymore from Mumbai who got response???

mark7
Newly Registered

Status update

Post by mark7 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:20 am

Hi Mitesh any developments at ur end?
Pl check ur pm

Cheers!
Mark

miteshmcse

Re: Status update

Post by miteshmcse » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:25 am

Hi Mark...

For now status remains the same...under process....Hope to get it processed today evening...

Cheers....
Mitesh.

vp77

Post by vp77 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:58 am

Appln. date - 21/12. I just called up the BHC contact no. and they told me that a decision has been taken and your passport has been sent to the centre. But when I called up VFS they told me that they don't have any update on the status and told me that its forwarded to BHC for further processing. They asked to check again after sometime.

Maybe this disconnect could be just due to the time involved in updating the status in the system @ VFS.

Might go to the visa centre today or tomorrow for further inquiry.

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:29 am

One more day gone....status still remains the same ...under process...
Mitesh.

mark7
Newly Registered

Update

Post by mark7 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:04 am

Hi any news anyone!???

ajitpahuja
Newly Registered

Re: Update

Post by ajitpahuja » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 am

mark7 wrote:Hi any news anyone!???
Hi Guys,

Just checked my status now. It says :

"Your passport is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same. "

Fingers Crossed. I don't know what the outcome will be.

I think it would have changed yesterday only. But did not get any sms nor did I check in the evening yesterday. I am in the office now. I think I may not be able to collect it till Monday.

FYI, I applied on 22nd Dec. at Mumbai North.

Thanks for your support and guidance.

Ajit

mark7
Newly Registered

Post by mark7 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Mitesh any progress at ur end?!

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Mark...

Still status remains the same as it was......under process.....let see if it change in next few minutes .....otherwise wait for next week......

Don't know what's going on.....
Mitesh.

vp77

Post by vp77 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:57 am

Got my visa today.

For those whose appln. is still pending, my suggestion is to call up the BHC contact no. for status update since its the source point.

Purvi
Newly Registered

Post by Purvi » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:36 am

Hi
Applied in VFS Mumbai North. Got my visa yesterday.

Purvi
Newly Registered

Post by Purvi » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:37 am

I mean applied on 22nd Dec. Got the Passport back on 14th Jan

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Applied on 24 Nov for my wife at VFS Mumbai North...application status says App forwarded to BHC....no updates till date

I wish to see updates in the upcoming week.

- Raj

rajmycontact

Post by rajmycontact » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:53 pm

I think people who applied in Mumbai towards the end of Dec are being processed first ..than those who applied in early dec or late nov.

I can see ..the trend ...people applied in 4 Week of Dec...have got their result by 10 jan at max...those applied in 2-3 week are getting their result..after 10 jan to today 15 jan...and those who are in sept last week and dec first week are still waiting to see the updates ...:(

Waiting time is simply killing as u cannot plan anything...but guys no choice ...best of luck to all who are still in queue and party time for those who got it :)

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah thats whats the over all trend seems to be...but one thing is sure that all will get their visas....its just the stamping that might be pending...

rejections are normally informed in advance so that should not be the case anymore....

there is lot of work load at BHC Mumbai due to holidays that just got over...even there are delay observed in processing of business visa applications....

just wait n watch and all will be fine.....
Mitesh.

mithil_v
Newly Registered

Post by mithil_v » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:41 pm

I do agree partially with the trend of late applications getting done first.

Does someone know exactly why this really is the case. does anyone know how the BHC go about their business ??

miteshmcse

Post by miteshmcse » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:37 pm

All,

Has anyone ever heard of or send an email query for visa to BHC at ''bombay.visaenquiries@fco.gov.uk'' address......

New week starts with new hopes....
Mitesh.

mark7
Newly Registered

Post by mark7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:50 am

Hi Guys,

Any updates from Mumbai south today???

Cheers!!