ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Separation and Family Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ankita
Newly Registered

Separation and Family Permit

Post by Ankita » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Hello all
I am during the divorce process, which is very difficult. My husband doesn't want to agree for the divorce although he is having a child with another women. I would like to cancel my support for his family permit. I am EEA national and he is non EEA. Where can I call, and what should I do to inform the Uk boarder Agency that we are separated since 1 year, and I am not in Uk. I came back to my country.
Thank you for all your help.

shahinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by shahinlondon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:55 pm

if you have left UK already than in legal term his visa has already been cancelled but it also depends on how long he is in UK and for how long his marriage with you remained.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:36 pm

Departure of the EEA national means that the non-EEA family members lose their right to stay in the UK under EEA regulations unless permanent residence has been obtained by them (or they can derive a right to stay by other means). If you have a registration certificate you could send that document to the UKBA to indicate that you have left the country (and you are actually required to do so). Contact information for EEA residency enquiries are here.