ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEED URGENT HELP. PSW TO TIER 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahim79
Newly Registered

NEED URGENT HELP. PSW TO TIER 2

Post by rahim79 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:10 am

Hi, I Just got my PSW in Dec 2010. In December I started working with this company in Dec 2010. They were allocated two certifacates before the Cap was iintroduced in july 2010. Later they were sent a letter by Home office and were limited to only 1 certificate due to cap, which they have already used at the time. Now my question is Can my employer use that 2nd certificate? Can they ask Home office to give them their 2nd taken certificate. As what I understand the cap was for to keep the total number of certifcates in control but that does mean that they can not use their 2nd certificate later in next period. Correct me if I am wrong.
Also I wouldn't be able to aplly before april 2011 as my account is under £800. applying after april 2011 in this situation, what should i do?[/b]

mt_dilber

Re: NEED URGENT HELP. PSW TO TIER 2

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:16 pm

u just had ur psw stamped and it is for 2 years. talk to ur employer and ask them to reserve one COS for u, as soon new cos quota comes in their system
or
employer can request to UKBA for additional COS in exceptional circumstances. see following link for details.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... tificates/

if u are on psw and are working for same employer for 6 months and u r going to continue same job which u are doing at the time of application then u are exempted from;

1. sending proof of maintenance funds (3 months bank statements) u automatically get points.

2. labour market test (but u must be getting salary equal to or above minimum requirement stated in ''code of practice for employers'' document.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:28 pm

if u have not worked for ur employer for 6 months then u are still exempted from maintenance requirement but u have to pass labour market test.

if ur job was advertised at jobcentreplus etc for minimum of 28 days and after conducting interviews, ur employer offered u this job because he couldn't find appropriate skilled candidate from EU applicants then u have passed labour market test. u will get full points of sponsorship (but u must be getting appropriate pay as required by UKBA)

hope it helps.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:30 pm

both of my answers above are according to current rule in place, these rules might be reviewed in April 2011.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:04 pm

figure out this .....

Assuming your employer can get a COS for you before 1 April, will u be able to satisfy all conditions before april 6 2011? if not, then just wait until new rules are in force.

all the COS allocations will be reset on april 6, (i think, though not sure)

regards

VisaFrenzy
Newly Registered

Post by VisaFrenzy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:07 pm

arsenal49 -

How do you know that COS allocations will be reset after 6th Apr? Have you got this anywhere pointing on the UKBA website? Clinging on Tier 2 General is waste of time. In my experience, our COS allocation request is refused despite trying to switch from PSW which according to UKBA site it states that. In the past 1 and half months the requirement have changed from 30k to 36k for non shortage occupation posts and pushing towards Residential Labor Market Test. I feel that Home Office panel takes decision based on cap limit and decides based on individual applications no wonder there are inconsistencies in their decision making and their motif/discretion is disclosed. They are making all students who have spent thousands of pounds studying and paying taxes at this time and now found companies who value them and would like to continue hiring them to go home. Why oh why I wonder?