ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Currently processing applications received on 9th March

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mansoor
Newly Registered

Currently processing applications received on 9th March

Post by Mansoor » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:58 am

Dear All,

The HSMP team is currently processing applications received on the 9th March 2004. This notice was last updated on the 22nd June 2004.

Regards,

Mansoor

neo__x

Re: Currently processing applications received on 9th March

Post by neo__x » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:37 pm

Mansoor wrote:Dear All,

The HSMP team is currently processing applications received on the 9th March 2004. This notice was last updated on the 22nd June 2004.

Regards,

Mansoor
When I called them yesterday, they told me that unfortunately there were a lot more applications submitted in the month of March, and despite taking on more staff, they cannot cope with applications. But aside from that, the people up there are complete muppets. The whole HSMP scheme is a bit discriminatory in that people who are aged less than 28 have a better chance of getting HSMP. If they would have introduced the scheme a bit earlier then I would have had NO problems getting the visa, but since I am over 28 now, it has become more difficult for me to claim sufficient points. In addition, they do not even give any partial credit at all!

The situation is so bad, they cannot even give any more quotes for new applications. One can understand the chaos in their department from the previous/current quotes:

11th June : Processing applications 6th March
21st June : Processing applications 9th March

A mere 2 days worth of applications per 10 days, which is atrocious really.

What I can't understand is the fact that even though the economic situation here is pretty grim (at least for IT), people are regularly submitting PRIORITY applications and saying they got job offers here in UK (which is main reason that HSMP claim is causing the delays). Also, they should at least give more priority to people who have been in the country for a long time on a work permit, have local UK experience, have contributed to the economy, people who genuinely want to change their jobs but can't due to their idiotic rule of 'sponsoring a work permit again if you need to a change your job', rather than herding everyone with the same stick. :x

astro

Post by astro » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:52 pm

Hi

You mention below that the primary reason for the delay in the HSMP process is the large number of priority applications (based on a job offer).

I was wondering:

1) If I could secure a job offer, what are the chances of my application being considered on a priority/urgent basis?

2) How long the visa would take to be granted following the job offer being submitted?

Thank you

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:05 pm

neo__x wrote:The whole HSMP scheme is a bit discriminatory in that people who are aged less than 28 have a better chance of getting HSMP. If they would have introduced the scheme a bit earlier then I would have had NO problems getting the visa, but since I am over 28 now, it has become more difficult for me to claim sufficient points.
It seems that if you were able to benefit from this new rule, you would not have considered it discriminatory, but quite welcome ;)
neo__x wrote:The situation is so bad [...] the chaos in their department [...] which is atrocious really [...] their idiotic rule...
It does not help to deal with bureaucracy in such an emotional way 8) This is a new program, which keeps evolving, and hopefully, becomes better overall. There are now new opportunities that weren't available earlier - make the best of them. Good luck!

neo__x

Post by neo__x » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:58 pm

Cosmopol wrote:
neo__x wrote:The whole HSMP scheme is a bit discriminatory in that people who are aged less than 28 have a better chance of getting HSMP. If they would have introduced the scheme a bit earlier then I would have had NO problems getting the visa, but since I am over 28 now, it has become more difficult for me to claim sufficient points.
It seems that if you were able to benefit from this new rule, you would not have considered it discriminatory, but quite welcome ;)
neo__x wrote:The situation is so bad [...] the chaos in their department [...] which is atrocious really [...] their idiotic rule...
It does not help to deal with bureaucracy in such an emotional way 8) This is a new program, which keeps evolving, and hopefully, becomes better overall. There are now new opportunities that weren't available earlier - make the best of them. Good luck!
Apologies for my outburst - but it's just that it seems a bit unfair as the moment you go over 28, the requirements just ramp up like crazy. For e.g., I already had 5 years graduate + 2 years senior and was on £43K when I was 26. I wouldn't say 'Bureaucracy' is the right word for it - it's an open secret that the homeoffice is the most dysfunctional department in UK. They don't know who to let in, and who NOT to let in.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:18 pm

neo__x wrote: it's just that it seems a bit unfair
I hear you, there's plenty of unfairness in immigration business... Never hurts to add an "informal" paragraph describing your achievements and merits outside of those covered by your claimed score.
neo__x wrote: I wouldn't say 'Bureaucracy' is the right word for it - it's an open secret that the homeoffice is the most dysfunctional department in UK. They don't know who to let in, and who NOT to let in.
It helps to compare "in kind" with immigration departments in the rest of the world: many simply let almost nobody in - functions like a charm, and no discrimination either :lol:

--------
Policeman: "I'm gonna close you for a week this time."
Nightclub owner: "Just think of how much I'll lose if I close for a week!!"
P: "Think how much you'll lose when I close you for a month if there's any more trouble!"

(c) from Victor/Victoria
---------

neo__x

Post by neo__x » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:30 pm

Cosmopol wrote:
neo__x wrote: it's just that it seems a bit unfair
I hear you, there's plenty of unfairness in immigration business... Never hurts to add an "informal" paragraph describing your achievements and merits outside of those covered by your claimed score.
neo__x wrote: I wouldn't say 'Bureaucracy' is the right word for it - it's an open secret that the homeoffice is the most dysfunctional department in UK. They don't know who to let in, and who NOT to let in.
It helps to compare "in kind" with immigration departments in the rest of the world: many simply let almost nobody in - functions like a charm, and no discrimination either :lol:

--------
Policeman: "I'm gonna close you for a week this time."
Nightclub owner: "Just think of how much I'll lose if I close for a week!!"
P: "Think how much you'll lose when I close you for a month if there's any more trouble!"

(c) from Victor/Victoria
---------
Yeah you are probably right about the immigration departments. I shouldn't probably slag them off. But it is apparent that the scheme has it's inherent flaws. The amount of pre-28 'ers who are coming into the country is astounding - I have also heard from people that there is some shady business going on, in which people prepare fakey documents to ramp up points for significant achievement + work experience etc, but they get approved unnoticed.

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:55 pm

neo__x wrote:it is apparent that the scheme has it's inherent flaws.
true... it's imperfect, as always, and sometimes we are the ones getting the short stick.
neo__x wrote:...there is some shady business going on...
true... crime and crime fighters are going to be there for a while, which includes document forgery - for immigration purposes or otherwise. Since we don't belong to either category, it's best to concentrate on scoring as high as one can utilizing all current opportunities legally available - and be creative / inventive in the process ;)

Best wishes in succeeding with this project and the future ones :!:

neo__x

Post by neo__x » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:15 pm

Cosmopol wrote: Best wishes in succeeding with this project and the future ones :!:
Thanks a lot - fingers crossed! 8)

raoms
Member of Standing

hsmp processing

Post by raoms » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:46 am

I sincerely doubt about the HO news that they reached 9th march. I feel they reached a date much further than this.

Refer to the chart. users INTHEFOREST & RAJEEVC who applied on 10th and 12th march already got letters from HO. unfortunately rajeevc was rejected and intheforest is asked for more info.

:!: One more point to be noted, that is the difference in the ref. no between them (almost 900). And if you observe the ref. no from 12 mar to 1st april its approx 1000. :idea: So my dear friends I am expecting that the next time HO comes with an announcement they will show a big leap may be 19th / 20th march.

wishing all a minimum wait period [ I know people are becoming desperate day by day :lol: ]

JayGee

Post by JayGee » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:06 am

roams, you are correct - according to the HSMP web-site they are working on the 6-9 March 2004 - but mine lodged on 10 March 2004 was already reviewed by a caseworker and I was requested to submit more information.

Fingers crossed - I await the answer...... :lol:

neo__x

Re: hsmp processing

Post by neo__x » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:29 am

raoms wrote:I sincerely doubt about the HO news that they reached 9th march. I feel they reached a date much further than this.

Refer to the chart. users INTHEFOREST & RAJEEVC who applied on 10th and 12th march already got letters from HO. unfortunately rajeevc was rejected and intheforest is asked for more info.

:!: One more point to be noted, that is the difference in the ref. no between them (almost 900). And if you observe the ref. no from 12 mar to 1st april its approx 1000. :idea: So my dear friends I am expecting that the next time HO comes with an announcement they will show a big leap may be 19th / 20th march.

wishing all a minimum wait period [ I know people are becoming desperate day by day :lol: ]
I do hope the situation is like what you say, but according to what the lady at HSMP told me, the priority applications are pushing everything back a bit. :shock: