ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependant visa- vfs asking for more documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

london_2010
Newly Registered

tier 1 dependant visa- vfs asking for more documents

Post by london_2010 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:09 pm

I am in uk on tier 1 visa.My wife who is still in India went to apply today as a dependant. She carried with her
1) Her passport
2)My passport details , visa copy,
3) MArriage certificate
4) Marriage Photograps, wedding card
5)Bank statements for 3 months clearly showing enough funds(On banks official stationery).
6)VAF10

Infact matched the documents with whats required as per UK ba site.

Now VFS asked her to show the accomodation proof, my employment proof and since I came last week they asked her the copy of the immigration stamped visa.

Now my question are these really required? is it mandatory to show accomodation proof , employment proof of main applicant who is on tier 1.

Please help!!!

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Re: tier 1 dependant visa- vfs asking for more documents

Post by gregshukla » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:42 am

london_2010 wrote: Now VFS asked her to show the accomodation proof, my employment proof and since I came last week they asked her the copy of the immigration stamped visa.

Now my question are these really required? is it mandatory to show accomodation proof , employment proof of main applicant who is on tier 1.
Do you have any problems providing these documents to VFS? There is no fixed list of documents for each applicant (depends on case by case), so would be prudent to provide what they have asked.

london_2010
Newly Registered

Post by london_2010 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:22 pm

thanks for the reply..

nope not a problem but taking these would mean delay in application by a week. its not in the mandatory documents list but just good to have...at least VFS shouldnt be forcing it...

gregshukla
United Kingdom

Post by gregshukla » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:24 pm

london_2010 wrote:thanks for the reply..

nope not a problem but taking these would mean delay in application by a week. its not in the mandatory documents list but just good to have...at least VFS shouldnt be forcing it...
Yes they can be a bit of pain at times. Would still think the employment and (to some extend) accommodation proof could make your case stronger. Good luck with your application!