ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Salary in UK - Taxation Postion

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Happy28

General Salary in UK - Taxation Postion

Post by Happy28 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:08 pm

I think some of you already read my prievious thread regarding the extension question.

Here is my another thread regarding the job question. I am a CPA and work in US Tax. Does anyone here know that if it will be easy or hard for me to locate a job in UK, and what is the salary range there ? I don't want to put myself in a situation that I cannot locate any job or meet their requirment by the time I apply for the extension.

Million Thanks!

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:21 pm

What is a CPA?

Happy28

Post by Happy28 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:25 pm

PaperPusher wrote:What is a CPA?
Sorry for the confusion: It means a certified public accountant.

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi,

AS an accountant , you will find plenty of jobs in the UK however you will need a UK-based qualification to really get the kind of salary that you get in the US. Given your experience in Tax, i would recommend you look at AAT, a base level qualification aimed at book-keeping and production of end-year accounts and tax returns etc. Moving up you have ACCA and ICAEW on the accounting practice side and CIMA, on the management accounting side.

I suggest you take a look at their websites to see if they give any exemptions for CPAs.

Best of luck :)

Regards,
Mesam.

Happy28

Post by Happy28 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:24 am

Mesam6 wrote:Hi,

AS an accountant , you will find plenty of jobs in the UK however you will need a UK-based qualification to really get the kind of salary that you get in the US. Given your experience in Tax, i would recommend you look at AAT, a base level qualification aimed at book-keeping and production of end-year accounts and tax returns etc. Moving up you have ACCA and ICAEW on the accounting practice side and CIMA, on the management accounting side.

I suggest you take a look at their websites to see if they give any exemptions for CPAs.

Best of luck :)

Regards,
Mesam.
Thank you Mesam! General speaking, does the accounting salary will meet the earning requirment for extension ?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:33 am

It would depend on the job, the company and the location. Furthermore, the points required for earnings varies from person to person.

You might want to search Google and work it out. There are a whole bunch of salary surveys out there which you might find useful.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:27 am

Happy28, there are tax jobs in the UK which relate to your US tax experience. That is, there are jobs dealing with expatriate tax, for example for US citizens living and working in the UK who still need to file a US tax return.

Such jobs might not be particularly numerous but they do exist, but those employers that need that skill set could well be interested in you.

Salary? Have you tried looking at agency websites? If you do a google (or similar) search for .... tax jobs UK ... you will see quite a few hits.
John

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 am

Hi,

I think if you sell yourself well and do some proper groundwork to find the opportunities that require your skillset, you should be able to make 30-40K easily, especially if you do contract work as opposed to a permanenet job but that has a downside as well in that you need to have your contracts lined up well in advance so that a constant income stream keeps coming in and you don't have problems with the extension.

Lastly, if you plan on moving to the UK for the long haul, get a UK qualification as it will increase you job prospects immensely. I am doing the same thing, just have to clear one paper for my CIMA charter. I find that my job search is going much better than before and this is largely due to being a part-qualified CIMA.

Regards,
Mesam.