ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does anyone know any airline that conforms with 2004/38/ec?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kilode_na
Newly Registered

does anyone know any airline that conforms with 2004/38/ec?

Post by kilode_na » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:14 pm

I am an eu citizen and my spouse is a third country national. We live in Prague. We want to travel from prague to dublin then paris and back to Prague.
Problem is that my spouse is still waiting a decision on his residence card application.
He currently has a visa with territorial restriction to the czech republic. Can he apply for a schengen visa to france with that? Alternatively, will any airline allow him to board without visa if we provide marriage certificate and my residence card? By the way I am irish and living in Prague.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 am

You will have to check with the French embassy. It is quite possible that they require proof of residence in the country of application. A residence card should be no problem to go to Paris from Dublin but your problem is the flight to Dublin. Ireland still won't accept the RC as "subsitute" for entry clearance. It is quite likely that the airline won't let you board and even if, your next problem will be the Irish border forces, esp. since you are Irish yourself.