ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on how to get the Passport Quickly

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bbreddy

Query on how to get the Passport Quickly

Post by bbreddy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 am

Hi All,

Based on the current processing times, my PSW Application is expected to be processed in the week beginning on 24th Jan (Sent on 15th Dec). My student visa expires on 30th Jan and my job is conditional on the PSW visa. I have also submitted my biometrics on 11th Jan.

I wish to get my passport back/know my visa status asap and so am planning to make any necessary arrangements (e.g. speed delivery etc). I was just wondering how/when/where to do this and who to contact (and their details, if available) to get this done. Are there any other alternatives?

I would be grateful if you could suggest your opinions in this regard.

Many thanks.

PS - Please feel free to send me a PM, if required.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:38 am

It's the biometrics card you will need urgently, as opposed to the passport. The BRPs generally are arriving earlier than the passports at the moment as they are delivered by a secure delivery rather than the royal mail. There's not really much you can do to spead this up. the BRPS are issued by the UKBA and then passed fairly quickly over to agency who deliver it to your address. I'm not really sure how you can speed the actual delivery up. it's the decison making that is the issue.

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:43 am

Greenie wrote:It's the biometrics card you will need urgently, as opposed to the passport. The BRPs generally are arriving earlier than the passports at the moment as they are delivered by a secure delivery rather than the royal mail. There's not really much you can do to spead this up. the BRPS are issued by the UKBA and then passed fairly quickly over to agency who deliver it to your address. I'm not really sure how you can speed the actual delivery up. it's the decison making that is the issue.
Thanks for your advice.

According to policy guidance/app form instructions, once the UKBA makes a decision, they will send us the decision letter and the passport together initially (in royal mail) and the BRP about a week later (using speed delivery).

I was actually hoping to get that 'decision' letter quickly so I can at least show it to my employer. So I was thinking to expedite this, by making all necessary arrangements and request the UKBA to dispatch it using a speed delivery instead of royal mail post.

Also, how are you saying that BRPs are arriving earlier - as my understanding is that UKBA will start issuing BRPs for only those who applied on/after 14th Dec (and for which processing is expected after 24th Jan)?

Is there anything that I'm missing and/or incorrect?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:55 am

The BRP is not delivered by royal mail post. It is delivered by DX courier.

when you get the decision letter there is a number for the people who deliver the BRP's so you can call them to find out when it is likely to be delivered.

I know UKBA say that you will get the BRP a week after the decison letter but in practice in my experience at the moment the BRP's are arriving earlier than the passport. This is probably because royal mail is still backed up over Xmas.

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:48 am

Greenie wrote:The BRP is not delivered by royal mail post. It is delivered by DX courier.

when you get the decision letter there is a number for the people who deliver the BRP's so you can call them to find out when it is likely to be delivered.

I know UKBA say that you will get the BRP a week after the decison letter but in practice in my experience at the moment the BRP's are arriving earlier than the passport. This is probably because royal mail is still backed up over Xmas.
Hi all,
I am very happy to share with you that I just got a letter from the UKBA saying my PSW application has been approved and I will be getting BRP in a separate cover in about 7 working days time through a courier.
Thank you all for your help.

It was a very pleasant surprise for me as I'm not expecting it any earlier than at the end of this month.

Many thanks

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:49 pm

I just got my BRP as well :)

satya.scm
Newly Registered

Courier

Post by satya.scm » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 pm

bbreddy wrote:I just got my BRP as well :)
Can you please tell in which courier you received your BRP