ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SHOULD I APPLY (TIER 1) IN MARCH OR WILL IT BE TOO LATE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aamirwani

SHOULD I APPLY (TIER 1) IN MARCH OR WILL IT BE TOO LATE

Post by aamirwani » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi Can you please help..

As you know that HO is closing Tier 1 general from 5th of April 2011, my only concern is that i started maintaining the required £800 funds in my account from last month (10th of Dec 2010) and i will have to maintain the balance in my account till 10th of march 2011 to be eligible. Now some of my friends who have spoken to their lawyers told me that they were advised by their lawyers to apply ASAP without any delay the reason given was that there will be more visa refusals in march as the scheme closes in April. someone also told me that they will make significant changes to the scheme in march so its good to apply ASAP.

What do you suggest.. What should i do..

Should i also consult a lawyer, if yes then can you suggest someone..

Will highly appreciate your reply.

Kind regards

push
United Kingdom

Re: SHOULD I APPLY (TIER 1) IN MARCH OR WILL IT BE TOO LATE

Post by push » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:35 am

aamirwani wrote:Hi Can you please help..

As you know that HO is closing Tier 1 general from 5th of April 2011, my only concern is that i started maintaining the required £800 funds in my account from last month (10th of Dec 2010) and i will have to maintain the balance in my account till 10th of march 2011 to be eligible. Now some of my friends who have spoken to their lawyers told me that they were advised by their lawyers to apply ASAP without any delay the reason given was that there will be more visa refusals in march as the scheme closes in April. someone also told me that they will make significant changes to the scheme in march so its good to apply ASAP.

Kind regards

How would you apply early if you have not maintained funds for 90 days?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sunny!!!

Post by sunny!!! » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:12 am

aamirwani wrote:Hi Can you please help..

Kind regards

Hi,
a) You can not apply until 90 days of the fund maintenance period is completed
b) Whether you apply in January or March/April, they wouldn't refuse your application if you are meeting the documents criteria and the points for each attribute e.g. age, qualification

Good luck.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:30 am

aamirwani wrote:Now some of my friends who have spoken to their lawyers told me that they were advised by their lawyers to apply ASAP without any delay the reason given was that there will be more visa refusals in march as the scheme closes in April.
And these solicitors got exactly what they wanted - to start scaremongering and get people to apply. The more scared they get people, the more likely they are to use their services rather than apply direct.

If they refuse you, it will be for a reason. As Sunny said, whether it's now or in March, if you don't qualify, you don't and if you do, you do.

In your case they are more likely to see a refusal in January because you don't qualify today (due to maintenance fund).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.