ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reapply After Invalid Photo - Is a new COS required??

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ylei
Newly Registered

Reapply After Invalid Photo - Is a new COS required??

Post by ylei » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:55 pm

I am reapplying after invalid photo. I submitted originally on 10 Dec 10 before my visa expired. Application was returned yesterday saying it was invalid due to the photos were not acceptable. After nearly a month's waiting, my visa has now expired.

I am planninig to submit the application again.

1) Do I need a new COS (my COS was created on the 8 Dec 10) ?

2) Will HO think I am overstaying? Will a coverin letter help to explain the situation? I did submit the original before my PSW expired.

On the letter, it does say I can submit a new application, and it doesn't indicate a refulsal.

Please help! Many thanks.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Your main worry should be COS... try contacting UKBA through your employers and ask for guidance... in your case since they havent officially refuse you so you might be able to re-use the same COS....

regards

ps. you need not worry about overstaying cuz they have given you an option to make another in-country app.Not many people get this option, so consider yourself lucky

pps. make sure you explain that properly in your covering letter and onclude the letter from ukba which states you can make in-country application

ylei
Newly Registered

Post by ylei » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:50 pm

arsenal49 wrote:Your main worry should be COS... try contacting UKBA through your employers and ask for guidance... in your case since they havent officially refuse you so you might be able to re-use the same COS....

regards

ps. you need not worry about overstaying cuz they have given you an option to make another in-country app.Not many people get this option, so consider yourself lucky

pps. make sure you explain that properly in your covering letter and onclude the letter from ukba which states you can make in-country application
Arsenal 49: Thank you very much for your reply. I will contact the IEB and find out about the COS. Do you think my employer would be able to find out the status of the COS on the system?

I may also contact a solicitor and ask for advice... I went through an extremely difficult time to get this COS. I am extremely worried and stressed at the moment...

Have you heard of anyone who resubmitted an invalid application after the leave expires and still ok?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:06 pm

two things happen when caseworker decline application due to photograph (based on the forum posts in different visa categories).

the application is returned as an invalid and thats the end of matter as far as ukba is concerned OR the caseworker is kind enough to allow the applicant to make another application, knowing the fact that his visa has run out already...

your case is the later one so you will be fine. in my opinion you dont even need a solicitor because he/she wont be of any use here.

just find out if yor COS is considered used or not according to sponsorship management system and ukba. ukba will have the most up to date information so ask your employer to call them, and enquire the status of your COS as recorded by ukba.

if you have a valid COS still available, then its just a matter of resubmitting your application with correct photos.

regards

hope it helps.

ylei
Newly Registered

Post by ylei » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:18 pm

arsenal49 wrote:two things happen when caseworker decline application due to photograph (based on the forum posts in different visa categories).

the application is returned as an invalid and thats the end of matter as far as ukba is concerned OR the caseworker is kind enough to allow the applicant to make another application, knowing the fact that his visa has run out already...

your case is the later one so you will be fine. in my opinion you dont even need a solicitor because he/she wont be of any use here.

just find out if yor COS is considered used or not according to sponsorship management system and ukba. ukba will have the most up to date information so ask your employer to call them, and enquire the status of your COS as recorded by ukba.

if you have a valid COS still available, then its just a matter of resubmitting your application with correct photos.

regards

hope it helps.
Thanks very much indeed Arsenal 49! It is very helpful indeed. I will find out tomorrow and keep you posted!

This forum is very good indeed with people like you giving advice. I have a rough idea what to do next now.

ylei
Newly Registered

Post by ylei » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Just find out this morning from the UKBA that the COS is still valid. This is also confirmed on the sponsorship management system by my employer. I am so very happy!!

I will resubmit with extra cautions this time after I update all the documents!

Regards