ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens to ILR status after BC ??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukac
Newly Registered

What happens to ILR status after BC ??

Post by ukac » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Can someone on the forum shed some light that what happens to ILR status after you have been award citizenship?

I am planning to travel very soon, and if I have naturalisation certificate, Can I still travel on my current non british passport with ILR stamp? Or Do I have to get british passport before travel?

Many thanks for help.
UKac

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Technically ILR is not valid anymore but you will be able to travel with your existing passport. As far as I know, there is no formal rule which states you need to enter/leave the UK with a British passport. Have your citizenship certificate just in case you need it.
Make sure however that your original country allows dual citizenhip because otherwise your passport might not be valid.

ukac
Newly Registered

Post by ukac » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks Backer

Anyone else has any information?

Cheers.