ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dylan

Tier 1 General Extension

Post by dylan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 pm

I have a question regarding Tier 1 General extension. I have applied for Tier 1 General and I claimed points for my BEng degree and £40K earnings. But I am doing my MSc (part time) and I will have it before the extension.

So when I apply for the extension do I still need to show £40K earnings? Because I get extra 5 points from my MSc compare to my BEng. And £35K earnings would be enough to make up 100 point.

I am asking this because I earned £40K with some extra work and it is almost impossible to do that again with my part time MSc course. But £35K is possible. :wink: Please be kind enough to provide me an answer.

Dreemweaver

Re: Tier 1 General Extension

Post by Dreemweaver » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:12 pm

dylan wrote:I have a question regarding Tier 1 General extension. I have applied for Tier 1 General and I claimed points for my BEng degree and £40K earnings. But I am doing my MSc (part time) and I will have it before the extension.

So when I apply for the extension do I still need to show £40K earnings? Because I get extra 5 points from my MSc compare to my BEng. And £35K earnings would be enough to make up 100 point.

I am asking this because I earned £40K with some extra work and it is almost impossible to do that again with my part time MSc course. But £35K is possible. :wink: Please be kind enough to provide me an answer.
From PBS Guidance
Under Tier 1 (General), an applicant
must score:
•at least 75 points for attributes (Appendix
A of the Immigration Rules), if last granted
leave in Tier 1 (General), as a Highly
Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or
Artist, or as a Self-employed Lawyer; o
So I assume you need only 95 points to extend your visa. And, yes you will get 5 points more for your masters. Why not try the point calculator to clarify the doubts.

dylan

Post by dylan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Dreemweaver wrote:
dylan wrote:I have a question regarding Tier 1 General extension. I have applied for Tier 1 General and I claimed points for my BEng degree and £40K earnings. But I am doing my MSc (part time) and I will have it before the extension.

From PBS Guidance
Under Tier 1 (General), an applicant
must score:
•at least 75 points for attributes (Appendix
A of the Immigration Rules), if last granted
leave in Tier 1 (General), as a Highly
Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or
Artist, or as a Self-employed Lawyer; o
So I assume you need only 95 points to extend your visa. And, yes you will get 5 points more for your masters. Why not try the point calculator to clarify the doubts.
Thanks for the reply :wink: I didn't know that I only need 95 points to extend my visa. I thought it is 100 points as I made my initial application after 19th july 2010. But it looks like I only need 95 points. And I tried the points calculater and with my MSc I only need earnings of £30K get 95 point. So my full time joub would be enough :P

But I still have doubts because UKBA can ask me, how come you went down from 40K to 30K? Any inputs about that? :wink:

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:05 am

dylan wrote:

But I still have doubts because UKBA can ask me, how come you went down from 40K to 30K? Any inputs about that? :wink:
That's not their job. If you have enough points and the evidence to prove it, you are good.
Last edited by Dreemweaver on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dreemweaver

Post by Dreemweaver » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 am

Intentionally deleted

dylan

Post by dylan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 am

thanks for the reply :wink: