ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 approved in Oct but not entered as yet

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jeremywagen
Newly Registered

Tier 1 approved in Oct but not entered as yet

Post by jeremywagen » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi,

My Tier 1 was approved in Oct but I havent entered as yet. Does that mean with the cancellation of the Tier 1, I will not be eligible to even enter the UK on my Tier 1 which I was planning in March?

if I can enter what happens at the end of 2 years for extension and subsequent ILR?

Thanks
JW

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:56 pm

No, you can enter at any time during the period in which your visa is valid.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

ukukukuk2011

Re: Tier 1 approved in Oct but not entered as yet

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:32 am

if you have got a tier1 visa , make best use of it .I would have jumped in next flight . waiting until u get a job etc is bad decision as getting a job from outside UK for first timers is very tough unless ur skillsets is so demanding . 90 % of people whom i know got jobs after coming here .... Come here hunt for it ......

And also u will need another extension for your ILR if u delay ......

So if i were you i would have been here already in october ....But again to answer ur question your visa will be valid untill its end date ...

jeremywagen wrote:Hi,

My Tier 1 was approved in Oct but I havent entered as yet. Does that mean with the cancellation of the Tier 1, I will not be eligible to even enter the UK on my Tier 1 which I was planning in March?

if I can enter what happens at the end of 2 years for extension and subsequent ILR?

Thanks
JW

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 am

if you got your visa in October you already past the 28 days and so would need a 2nd extension in any case.

its fairly critical to enter the UK shortly after getting your visa, unless you dont mind going through the whole extension thing again and paying the extra cash.

selecting4
Newly Registered

Post by selecting4 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:08 pm

mtuckersa wrote:if you got your visa in October you already past the 28 days and so would need a 2nd extension in any case.

its fairly critical to enter the UK shortly after getting your visa, unless you dont mind going through the whole extension thing again and paying the extra cash.

I am new to this forum, can you explain me '28 days' issue ?

Thanks !

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 am

Read this explanation - it might give you some insight into it.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

selecting4
Newly Registered

Post by selecting4 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:28 am

mulderpf wrote:Read this explanation - it might give you some insight into it.
Thank you :)