ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relocating to ireland with non EEA wife and son

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

easy77

Relocating to ireland with non EEA wife and son

Post by easy77 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:06 pm

Hi, my uncle needs some advice he is british and wants to relocate to ireland, but he wants his wife and son who is 20 yrs old to join him from their non eea country. How can he go about this, what documents will he be needing to apply for their visa/entry clearance. Is there any need for him to be resident in ireland before applying for them. Pls help!!!

daddy
Member of Standing

Re: Relocating to ireland with non EEA wife and son

Post by daddy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:56 pm

easy77 wrote:Hi, my uncle needs some advice he is british and wants to relocate to ireland, but he wants his wife and son who is 20 yrs old to join him from their non eea country. How can he go about this, what documents will he be needing to apply for their visa/entry clearance. Is there any need for him to be resident in ireland before applying for them. Pls help!!!
There is no eu law requirement for that, however it will always be easier for him first to enter Ireland, get a job or study or self- employed or selfsuficient( in this case open bank account and deposit money) and get an address before his family members join him. Ireland is really complicating when you want your family to come together with you when you have not yet esteblished yourself in Ireland. I think that he may not have enough strenght and time to argue with them. But if his family members are not visa nationals then they may enter Ireland and take it from there.

easy77

Post by easy77 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks, I think the best option is. For him to go to ireland first get a home nd a job. But we do not know what it takes to settle down in ireland, I.e getting National insurance/ tax no, which I guess its needed for employment. Can anyone pls give me a brief overview of the process of settling down in ireland, what is required by law to be a resident as a british.

easy77

Post by easy77 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 pm

he is currently living in his home country which is non eea with his family and they intend to relocate to ireland together, I thought there is a 3 months visa that can be issued for entry, then once in ireland and eea has started working they can apply for residence card.