ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on Tier2 documents.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsyasin

Need advice on Tier2 documents.

Post by hsyasin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi all,
I'm applying for Tier2-General probably next week or whenever i recieve my bank statements. I'm on PSW and have been working with this employer for nearly one and a half year and my job is on shortage occupations list, so successfully received the COS a few days ago. But just to be on the safe side wanted to know if i should send any other documents with the application.
The documents I'm sending with application are:
-Certificate of sponsorship(My job occupation is under shortage occupations list)
-Bank Statements covering 90days period(I'm on PSW but in the form I've selected option of sending my bank statements for maintenance funds)
-UK Masters Degree
-Passport
-Two passport sized photographs

I would really appreciate if anyone could adivce about any missing documents.

mt_dilber

Re: Need advice on Tier2 documents.

Post by mt_dilber » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:40 pm

1. Payslips
2. A letter from employer (optional) confirming ur job title an pay.

have checked SOC code of ur profession does ur salary match or is above the required salary??

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:50 pm

r u claiming point for psw to tier2 conversion? if yes, then make sure u include 6 months of payslips, and highlight 6 months payment of salary in your bank statement.

regards

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:38 am

thanks, really appreciate ur replies..

@arsenal: no I've not claimed my psw to tier2 points, as my occupation 'Commissioning engineer' exists in the SOL and yes the salary is way above the mentioned band. So in the form instead of selecting psw to tier2 option, i selected Occupation exists in SOL, which then gave me 50points straight away and didnt ask me to attach my previous salary slips.

@mt_dilber: I'm not attaching my payslips coz they are not required if ur post is in SOL(please experts correct me if I'm wrong).
And about the letter, the COS that my employer gave me on a printed page contains each and every information about my job title, description, salary, hrs per week etc.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:55 pm

COS is not a paper document, it is just a number which u have to refer in the tier 2 application. I assume ur employer has given u screen prints of different steps of COS assigning from Sponsor's Management System.
anyway good luck

VisaFrenzy
Newly Registered

Post by VisaFrenzy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Can I just say - You are very lucky

Our situation is like Tsunami, Hurricane and Earthquake rolled into one.
Home office not giving COS

hsyasin

Post by hsyasin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:11 pm

@mt_dilber: yes i know, but my employer has given me a printed sheet of paper with all the details of my jon on it and it say Certificate Of Sponsorship on the top right corner and he told me he downloaded it from the sponsorship management system

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:26 pm

The sponsor has been sensible. Any sponsor who DOESN'T print a screengrab of the CoS is doing a disservice to their employee. For instance the simple CoS number does not tell the holder when it expires. The applicant has to complete forms which correspond to the answers on the CoS so it makes sense for them to see the CoS. I don't know why this isn't common practice.

I understand that it is supposed to be a paperless system but if it was why do UKBA visiting officers ask for photocopies of application forms, passport stamps etc etc?

A print or screengrab of the full CoS is an eminently sensible thing to keep on file and make available to the holder when he or she has to complete their application forms.

I deal with entertainers a lot (Tier 5) and most of them just need to quote their CoS number on entry. But this means they don't know when it expires or what it covers, so some of them end up not having a clue what they've got or when they can work until. We always provide our clients with a print of the CoS summary and write on it the start and end work dates plus the sponsor name (which is missing from the CoS information) and whether the sponsor is A-rated and whether they certified maintenance or not. This means the holder knows what they have and the IO can also see it at a glance.