ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Education and Work Experience Relation.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keshav

Education and Work Experience Relation.

Post by Keshav » Thu May 25, 2006 10:32 pm

Searching the forum I found that many Asian university degrees reported not up to the par of NARIC standard that many of us loose points in education.

I am surprised when good UK universities recognise the asian universities degree for further studies, it is not equivalent in NARIC for HSMP. Is not this double standard?

If the HO found the degrees not par with NARIC, then they assume that the work experience autometically do not qualify for graduate level experience? Or all the scoring topics are independent? Is it possible to get points in work experience even unsuccessful to claim no points in education? In many cases, someone may be working in graduate level job in a senior position (outside UK scenario) even they do not possess NARIC standard degree but they are highly respected in their country.
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....

stanC
Newly Registered

Post by stanC » Fri May 26, 2006 9:51 am

Yupe I agree, I found it strange also. Asia degree is very hard to determine to be equivalent to UK degree. From my point of view as Asian, there's lots of UK uni had been joint together with Asia uni to promote their UK program and even give recogntion for some part of the studies in the Asia uni program to be equivalent to their bach degree and offer entry into their UK campus for other courses such as full degree or even up to MBA.

So how NARIC check the comparibility? My local degree is is recognized by the UK Sheffield Hallam Uni as bach degree but NARIC does not think so and issue the cert as HN Diploma.

Luckily for me as I also hold ACCA Part 2 professional certificates which according to the case worker manual is equivalent to UK bach degree.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Fri May 26, 2006 12:59 pm

Hi stanC,

Do you have any idea that Indian Institute of Chartered Accountants semi qualified degree recognised by NARIC?
but tough people do....

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Education and Work Experience Relation.

Post by pantaiema » Fri May 26, 2006 9:28 pm

If people from non EU nationals study in the UK they will pay 3-4 times higher then UK/EU student. That is why the admission for non UK/UE student is so easy for non EU/UK nationals.

When talking about money everything could be different.

Pantaiema

Keshav wrote:Searching the forum I found that many Asian university degrees reported not up to the par of NARIC standard that many of us loose points in education.

I am surprised when good UK universities recognise the asian universities degree for further studies, it is not equivalent in NARIC for HSMP. Is not this double standard?

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Fri May 26, 2006 11:11 pm

Yes Pantaiema, you rightly said.

My basic question is still unanswered - when non UK/EU education is non-graduate level for HSMP purpose, do case worker award points for experence based on same "non-qualified" degree? In that non UK/EU country, the work demands graduate level knowledge. So the basic question is, for HSMP, education and work experience are inter-related or not for awarding points?

I am asking this question because the HSMP scoring areas seems independent.

Moderators, Senior members can clarify please.
but tough people do....

stanC
Newly Registered

Post by stanC » Sat May 27, 2006 11:41 am

dear keshav,

i've no idea about that but if this association is recognized everywhere then there might be a chance. Problem is NARIC is not able to check the professional qualification.