ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Granted the HSMP, never used it, can I apply again

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

notmetoo
Newly Registered

Granted the HSMP, never used it, can I apply again

Post by notmetoo » Fri May 26, 2006 3:24 am

All,

My passport was stamped with the HSMP approval in 2002, but due to personal circumstances I wasn't able to go. Am I able to apply again for it, or is there a restriction of how many times you can get it?

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Fri May 26, 2006 6:51 am

You can apply as many times as you want.
________
Dc medical marijuana dispensary
Last edited by WoodieG on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

dknov007
Newly Registered

Post by dknov007 » Fri May 26, 2006 8:35 am

Hi,

I guess the real question would be if you were granted HSMP once, will HSMP team use this against you, since you have already proven in the past that had not made UK your home, otherwise you would have come.

I am in a somewhat potentially similar situation. I have a job offer in US and the company is filing for my H1B. However, from the professional point of view, it's practically a suicide, since the job is not really technologically fancy. UK has MUCH-MUCH more advance opportunities.

My intial thought was to apply for HSMP in parallel and decide later. The problem is that I am affraid that in case HSMP is approved and I decide not to use it immediately, I might ruin my chances of getting another one sometime in the future....

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

D.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri May 26, 2006 2:07 pm

Each fresh application will be treated on its own merits and not on the success or failure of the previous application, definatly not on how you have utalised your previous visas.

Applying for HSMP is all about getting 65 points. If you have the right documentation, weather or not you got HSMP approval previously, you will still get those points in your fresh application. There is very little room outside of those categories for a case worker to reject your application.