ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

POC or NICOP

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

morgana_uk
Newly Registered

POC or NICOP

Post by morgana_uk » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:10 am

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with this, because I am completely confused.

I'm a British Citizen(White) and live in the UK. I got married to a Pakistani national last year.

Which one the above cards (POC)/NICOP) am I eligable to apply for?

I'm very confused.

I thought POC card because i'm not of pakistani origan and i'm related to a Pakistani by marriage only, but then I live in the UK and the UK and Pakistani's can have duel nationality so should it be NICOP?.

Also, I thought if a foreign woman married a pakistani man,the woman should get pakistani citizenship? Maybe I am wrong about this.

Please also note, I only hold a British Passport.

I've tried calling my local Consulate and they never answer the phone :(

Any help would be appricated

Many thanks :)

morgana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by morgana_uk » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:40 pm

22 views and not one reply :(

Can no one advise me? :cry:

wistaria
Newly Registered

Post by wistaria » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 am

hi there, sorry noone knows the exact answer to ur qst, i agree the conuslate is useless in ths matter they never pick up the phone, im applying for a nicop as well for my daughter,(shes a brit cistizen)(we r both pakistani) neither have i found any way to do it online neither am i clear on the requirements, the last time we visitd pakistan we applied for a pakistani visa for her which ws issued in an hour nd cost abt 15 quid,bt it ws valid for only 3 months, so nicop is a permanent solution rather than having to apply for visa's so since the consulate of manchester is being moved to london.
about your case well the only way would be to talk to someone i went on this site for details but tbh didnt find anything tht could naswer ur qst
good luck though
http://www.pakmission-uk.gov.pk/nadra/n ... etails.asp