ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documents to show on arrival in UK?

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

selecting4
Newly Registered

First Time

Post by selecting4 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:32 am

I have got UK Tier1 (Gen) this month. I am wondering what documents Immigration Officer might check/ask on arrival ? Any important tips ?

selecting4
Newly Registered

Re: First Time

Post by selecting4 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:25 pm

selecting4 wrote:I have got UK Tier1 (Gen) this month. I am wondering what documents Immigration Officer might check/ask on arrival ? Any important tips ?

Anyone :?:

ukukukuk2011

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:40 pm

WRT immigration docs only thing they will see is your T1 visa stamp .
For first timer like you to uk , better get a latest chest xray reportr from a good hospital else they will take ur xray in the airport which is time consuming ...Also specify an adress where u will stay in UK .

selecting4 wrote:
selecting4 wrote:I have got UK Tier1 (Gen) this month. I am wondering what documents Immigration Officer might check/ask on arrival ? Any important tips ?

selecting4
Newly Registered

Post by selecting4 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:31 am

ukukukuk2011 wrote:WRT immigration docs only thing they will see is your T1 visa stamp .
For first timer like you to uk , better get a latest chest xray reportr from a good hospital else they will take ur xray in the airport which is time consuming ...Also specify an adress where u will stay in UK .

selecting4 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. :)
Xray - I live in Dubai, will they accept hospital from here ?
Address - hotel in the beginning is ok ?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:41 am

TB screening is not necessary for people coming from the UAE.

More information.

A good idea is to also carry all the documentation you used to apply for your visa, on you. It's not a necessity, but if there's any doubt about how you obtained your visa, you have all the documents at hand. (Just a nice to have).
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:41 am

As Mulderpf has mentioned, carry the entire file pack you submitted while obtaining your Tier 1.
Also carry a/few copies of your CV as its a nice to have plus shows intent to applying for roles.

Honestly, other than the Tier 1 visa on your passport they legally dont need anything but these days they do ask a few questions so best to have your docs with you as that will give you and the officer peace of mind, in case of any questions I mean

KP

selecting4
Newly Registered

Post by selecting4 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Thank you guys for the kind reply :)