ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

needAdvise
Newly Registered

ILR for parents

Post by needAdvise » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi,

Me and my husband both have got ILR. My husband's parents live in India and his father is around 70 years old and mother 61 yrs. MY husband is their only child. My husband wants to apply for ILR for them.

They are financially dependent on us as we send them money every month and we have got proof for that. But the house they live in, is in name of my husband's mother, do they still qualify as financial dependent??

Also, the other relatives that they have got in India is my MIL's mother, herself above 80 and dependent on her son.
Then my MIL's two brothers but they have their own families, so my inlaws can't stay with them.
My FIL's brother, who is older than him and is already in care of some other relatives.

How can we prove that no one else can take care of them in India and how do we show that they don't have any other children.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:52 pm

ILR can only be applied for from within the UK. Since they (parents) are not resident in the UK, they are not eligible for ILR.

If eligible, the people in question may apply for settlement visa. See also Older dependant relatives for details.

regards

needAdvise
Newly Registered

Post by needAdvise » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:13 pm

sushdmehta wrote:ILR can only be applied for from within the UK. Since they (parents) are not resident in the UK, they are not eligible for ILR.

If eligible, the people in question may apply for settlement visa. See also Older dependant relatives for details.

regards
Thanks alot. Sorry, I meant that only but i mistakenly called it ILR.
I read the guidance notes for case workers and it says onus is on the applicant to show that their r relatives but no one can support them. So, my question is how do I prove that?