ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa application advice please.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hamster88

Spouse Visa application advice please.

Post by hamster88 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

is it ok to scan copies of documents ie passports pages on a scanner, and use pc software to cut and paste the pages onto one A4 page ?

Also is colour acceptable ?
Last edited by hamster88 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:53 pm

No. You need to take your passport to a solicitor or notary and have them copy and certify every page of your passport...including the blank pages.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:58 pm

HAMSTER

Please try and keep all your posts in one post and not to post individual post for every enquiry that you make, otherwise people will not answer any of them.

You have something like 4 diffrent posts in the last couple of days. TRY TO KEEP THEM ALL IN ONE PLACE if you want people to respond to them :roll:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=65947
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=65958
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=66018
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=66036
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=65881

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:05 pm

sorry thought it would be better to post different topics in different topics. sorry if i upset anyone and annoyed anyone.
Last edited by hamster88 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Casa wrote:No. You need to take your passport to a solicitor or notary and have them copy and certify every page of your passport...including the blank pages.
i know i have to get them certified, what i mean is can i put all the pages on one A4 and get it certified.

and ill try keep everything on one thread

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:15 pm

hamster88 wrote:
Casa wrote:No. You need to take your passport to a solicitor or notary and have them copy and certify every page of your passport...including the blank pages.
i know i have to get them certified, what i mean is can i put all the pages on one A4 and get it certified. :lol:

and ill try keep everything on one thread
You will be damn lucky if you could get 48 pages copied onto one A4 paper.

Each page has to be certified sepeartely and then you staple all 48 pages together using a stapler. That should suffice

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:23 pm

oh sorry i didnt read the even blank pages too. on the VFS global site's supporting document checklist it just says for the pages with stamps visas and the information page.

Can someone give me some advice on what bank statements should be like ? Do i need to explain payments going out to pay off credit cards ?

Does payments in need to be really regular ?

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Hamster, have you considered getting professional help with this application?
It might give you some peace of mind.
Bank statements should be originals. The ECO will be able to see payments going out to credit providers. No. Payment in don't need to be regular. You have substantial savings (£25,000) don't you?

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:27 pm

casa thanks for your reply, i have savings around that much, i have contacted a solicitor, but she seems very busy, I am based in staffordshire. I know what documents i need just unsure about what the ECO will think about my going in and outs on my bank statements cos I only recently started getting the rental income, and I got no P60, I know batleykhan says dont worry about the P60 but its that little devil in the back of my mind.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:27 pm

If you are going to declare your income from your property in your spouse application, I hope you have also declared it to the Inland Revenue ( tax man) otherwise you could get yourself in more problems.

I am somewhat still confused with your personal circumstances, maybe if you can explain everything to us here ( or in a private tmail to me or Casa)we might be help to you further.

Are you working?, if wso how long for and how much do you earn?

Do you live by yourself , with friends and family?

How much money have you got and where has this come from?

Which nbank do you have your accouns with and what type of accounts are they?

Thanks

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:16 am

how many months of bank statements do i need showing rental income going into my bank account ? I have the title deed and tenant agreement ?
Thanks

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 pm

how do i answer the question. 8.7.10 total monthly income from all sources after tax.

If you are self assessed and pay your tax in a lump sum at teh end of the year. do you calculate what the income would be every month after tax even though you dont pay tax every month ??

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:36 pm

hamster88 wrote:how do i answer the question. 8.7.10 total monthly income from all sources after tax.

If you are self assessed and pay your tax in a lump sum at teh end of the year. do you calculate what the income would be every month after tax even though you dont pay tax every month ??

thanks
Calculate your average monthly wage after deduction of Tax andd NI ( divide what you earn in a yeear and then divide it by 12)

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:51 am

i have 110 a week part time since the beginning and just started getting rental income of 130 a week about 2 months ago. so do i calculate my tax as if i had both income for a whole year ? or just what i earnt this year ? as the tax will be less this year then a whole year. if yiou know what i mean.

thanks for replying.

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:21 pm

how do the eco's check how many people are living in your house ?
My cousin used to live here but he still gets his bank statements etc here.
What things should he change his address or what ever to to make sure the eco dont think he still lives here ?
thanks

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:38 am

bump

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 am

hamster88 wrote:how do the eco's check how many people are living in your house ?

The ECO doesnt know. You have to tell them who lives in the house where you and your wife is going to stay when you do a Housing Report which you need to submitt with your wifes application. If you lie about something and they somehow find out later, you could be in deep trouble. You have to be 100% honest at all times.

My cousin used to live here but he still gets his bank statements etc here.
What things should he change his address or what ever to to make sure the eco dont think he still lives here?

Change his address if he doesnt live here anymore. The bank statement should be sent to teh address where he lives now.

thanks

hamster88

Post by hamster88 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Can i get away without doing the housing report, as some people say its not necessary.