ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

POST OFFICE ID CHECKING SERVICE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cobra

POST OFFICE ID CHECKING SERVICE

Post by cobra » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Hello

Can i use the post office identity checking service to certify all my document, because i don`t want send my passport to the ukba for personal reason.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:07 pm

If you are applying for British citizenship - you can use NCS and they will send a copy of your passport instead of original (which will be given back to you).

If you are applying for British passport - you will have to send the original.
cobra wrote:i don`t want send my passport to the ukba for personal reason.
What is the reason by the way?

cobra

Post by cobra » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

thank you indeed. but i really don`t want to use the NCS, I just want to certified all my documents and send it to the Home office myself.
UKBA website state that:

You may apply directly without using the nationality checking service or a representative. You must submit either original documents, or a fully certified photocopy of your documents.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ngservice/

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:49 pm

cobra wrote:I just want to certified all my documents and send it to the Home office myself.
In this case go to a lawyer or accountant and get photocopies certified (you'll find that NCS is usually cheaper :wink:).

cobra

Post by cobra » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Tank you very much indeed