ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick FLR(M) question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dpr78
Newly Registered

Quick FLR(M) question

Post by dpr78 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Does having a FLR(M) visa allow you to work unimpeded in the UK?

My wife (recently married) is on a post-study work permit visa with about 2 years remaining. I'm a UK citizen.

She ideally wants to be free to work/set up her own business which she cannot do on her current work permit.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Quick FLR(M) question

Post by ElenaW » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 pm

dpr78 wrote:Does having a FLR(M) visa allow you to work unimpeded in the UK?

My wife (recently married) is on a post-study work permit visa with about 2 years remaining. I'm a UK citizen.

She ideally wants to be free to work/set up her own business which she cannot do on her current work permit.
Yep, on a spouse visa there are no work restrictions.

Tra8erse
Newly Registered

Post by Tra8erse » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Err.. why do you think she cannot work/set up a business on a post-study work visa? Because she can (even if for settlement purposes the sooner she moves to FLR(M), the better).

shahzad80
Member of Standing

Post by shahzad80 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Tra8erse wrote:Err.. why do you think she cannot work/set up a business on a post-study work visa? Because she can (even if for settlement purposes the sooner she moves to FLR(M), the better).
But for only two years unless she switch to other visa category.

Shahzad