ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for under 65 parent.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BDS
Newly Registered

Settlement visa for under 65 parent.

Post by BDS » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:23 am

Hi!

I want to apply for a visa for my mom to join me and my family. I have ILR, and work full-time too. The house we live in is in my partner's name as I moved in with her at a later time so therefore my name is not on the tenancy agreement. Both my partner and I are also in full-time education and she is in receipt of a Bursary and a maintenance grant as her sources of income. I have not seen my mother in 9yrs due to being a refugee and not allowed to go back to my home country. My mom is 45yrs old and a widow and has recently been diagnosed with arthritis. She is financially dependant on me and I send her money every month and she also has to look after my 4 siblings to who are all above the age of 18 but are also financially dependent on me.

Can someone tell me:

a) If she stands any chance of getting a visa to join my small family as she has also not seen her first and only grandchild (my 18month old daughter)?

b)Will a 2 bedded house be enough to prove we can accomodate her as she will be using the other room as our baby still sleeps in the main bedroom.

c) how much sponsor's income is deemed enough to support her application.

d) is it an added advantage if a third party (my uncle) is willing to submit his documents in as proof of extra financial support as he has a good profession.

Please kindly help I'm confused. Your help will be appreciated greatly.

Many thanks.