ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Holder - Child benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhikansh.jain
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Holder - Child benefits

Post by abhikansh.jain » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Hello All,

I am Tier-1 holder and working in London. I came here in sep. 2010 from India. Its my first UK visit. My wife is also here with me on dependant visa.

Please let me know, what benefits my child will get if takes birth in UK in terms of cizizenship and other benefits?

It'll be my 1st child.

Regards,
Abhikansh

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Your child will have same Visa conditions so as you i.e. "no recourse to public fund". You have to maintain £1867(800+533+533) for three months for her/his visa, provided you are in UK for over 1 year.

Your kid is entitle to free education & medical. The only difference is that you pay for prescriptions but you don't have to pay for your kid's prescriptions. Your wife will also be entitle to free dentle care upto 1 year from baby birth. You are not allowed child tax credit or any other similar benefits.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:58 am

No privillages of any kind what so ever for your child born in UK.

abhikansh.jain
Newly Registered

Post by abhikansh.jain » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks for reply friends!!

If I stay here for next 3 yesrs, does it make any difference??

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.