ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse application Morocco

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hish87
Newly Registered

Post by Hish87 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:55 pm

i submitted the application with the madame on the 5/11/10, four days after you and your husbands....... gonna have my phone strapped to my neck lol

Hish87
Newly Registered

Post by Hish87 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:56 pm

OMG SHE GOT IT! SHE GOT IT! SHE GOT IT! The embassy sami today at work at like 11.45 and said they were more than happy to issue the visa! Im sooo happy right now i cant think straight. I wanna thank everyone on this forum especially you CASA for all your help! Inshallah these will be good news for everyone else

shafina

congratulations on your good news

Post by shafina » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:26 pm

Hish87 wrote:OMG SHE GOT IT! SHE GOT IT! SHE GOT IT! The embassy sami today at work at like 11.45 and said they were more than happy to issue the visa! Im sooo happy right now i cant think straight. I wanna thank everyone on this forum especially you CASA for all your help! Inshallah these will be good news for everyone else
:D

hi Hish. Great to hear your good news. I hope you both have a wonderful life together. Can you please tell me what number you were on the settlement case please. Because i am getting very nervous now. Once again congratulations. :D

shafina

Post by shafina » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:01 pm

semi2010 wrote:CONGRATULATION maroc im soooooo happy for you
inshallah i hoppe for you happinesse
sorry coz im last one to say tht i just read tht now

the british embassy thy fone my hasbund today at 13:30min nd thy fone in his work so the owner answered thn thy ask for my hasbund so he answered but my hasbund told me tht the man was asking him buy angry way is tht x he said yes who is foning thn he said ys
thts all thn thy finish the call
im sooo worry i just come to say about this calll so i find nice news about maroc im so happy for u
congratulationnnnnnnn
i hoppe good luck for all of us inshallah

hi semi

did the embassy contact you today. would you kindly tell me what number you were on the settlement list thankyou im getting very nervous now.

Maroc2010

Post by Maroc2010 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Congrats Hish

i am so happy for you, alhumdiallah, was the chap on the phone friendly to you probably the same one that rang me. What are your plans now then when is your wife planning on coming over

semi2010
Newly Registered

Post by semi2010 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm

congratulationnnnn for you im so happy for you inshalah i hoppe we all here nice news soon
thy didn t fone me yet
im sooo worry but inshalah khir

Hanz83
Newly Registered

Hamdullah finally got my call

Post by Hanz83 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 am

Yes! Received a call from the British Embassy Yesterday and Hamdullah they are granting my husband the visa!!

Mubruk to Hish and Maroc! Hamdullah good news travels fast!

I was gobsmacked but it happened exactly as Maroc described - private number called I answered, the officer asked all his questions and confirmed that he will grant the visa - he actually was a very friendly chap hamdullah! They called my work to confirm I work there and that

I am so relieved! couldnt sleep all night am so excited!

Maroc, Im from south London, and Larache

One question if anyone knows ....when he picks up the visa he can travel anytime right? there is no time restiction - like he needs to come by such and such?

Spoke to my husband hamdullah he is elated but cant reach over for another month or so due to his business. totally forgot to ask the officer guy was so breathless!

For all those still waiting Allah jib tsir! Keep the faith

Inshallah all will be well!

Allahakbur!

Salam

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:12 am

I don't think there is a limit however it is advised to travel as soon as possible. This is to make sure that you lived in the UK at least 2 years for your future ILR application.

I think you get 27 months visa and you have about 3 months to travel to make 24 months (2 years) in the UK. Otherwise you will not be qualified for an ILR on Spouse visa expiry and have to apply for another visa, not sure what its called maybe FLR (Further leave to remain).

So the early you can travel the better.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:42 am

Harv you maybe a 'newbie' but you're correct. :wink:

shafina

Re: Hamdullah finally got my call

Post by shafina » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:44 am

Hanz83 wrote:Yes! Received a call from the British Embassy Yesterday and Hamdullah they are granting my husband the visa!!

Mubruk to Hish and Maroc! Hamdullah good news travels fast!

I was gobsmacked but it happened exactly as Maroc described - private number called I answered, the officer asked all his questions and confirmed that he will grant the visa - he actually was a very friendly chap hamdullah! They called my work to confirm I work there and that

I am so relieved! couldnt sleep all night am so excited!

Maroc, Im from south London, and Larache

One question if anyone knows ....when he picks up the visa he can travel anytime right? there is no time restiction - like he needs to come by such and such?

Spoke to my husband hamdullah he is elated but cant reach over for another month or so due to his business. totally forgot to ask the officer guy was so breathless!

For all those still waiting Allah jib tsir! Keep the faith

Inshallah all will be well!

Allahakbur!

Salam
Congrats harv great 2 hear yr good news. :D

Hope we all here good news fast. Mabrouk :D

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:47 am

Hi Shafina, I think you meant Hanz
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

shafina

visas

Post by shafina » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

hi
Alhamdolilah Alhamdolilah I Got a call from Rabat Embassy today at around 01.30. The man was a very friendly and he asked me many questions.
He was the nicest person He said he had no objections on issuing my husband Mohammed visas and he can go to the embassy to get he's visas ex ... . I was ecstatic couldnt believe my ears. I hope evryone gets there dreams as Allah Tallah makes all of our dreams come true Ameen. :D InshAllagh semi you will get your visas and all the partners who applied too soon. Ameen

Maroc2010

Post by Maroc2010 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi Shafina and Hanz83

congratulations on getting your visa's, alhumdilallah. you must be very happy.

atleast the waiting is over now.

shafina

Post by shafina » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:54 pm

Maroc2010 wrote:Hi Shafina and Hanz83

congratulations on getting your visa's, alhumdilallah. you must be very happy.

atleast the waiting is over now.

thankyou maroc .

Hish87
Newly Registered

Post by Hish87 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Shafina and Hanz83 many congratulations with your good news......... im chuffed to bits for all of us on this forum........ my wife just got a phone call from the embassy to day, asking her to collect her documents this thursday or friday.

Shes on the train from Oujda to Rabat to pick them up hopefuly tomorrow, i pray she has a safe trip there and back!!! Insha'Allah!!

Oh and may thanks again guys : )

Hanz83
Newly Registered

Harv, thanks for the info....

Post by Hanz83 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 pm

however I have another question - if you can please indulge me!

ok so does the 2 years start from when he reaches the country? Or is it from the date the visa is issued?

Also does that mean should he travel for a few weeks on a break back home does this off set from the time he is settled in the UK?

Hope this make sense?

Does anyone have a number or website I can visit about this?

Kinda confused!

He was issued a visa on the 18th and will travel at the end of Feb so does that mean he may have a problem applying for ILR???

Thanks Peeps, for all the information and response!

Peace :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:36 am

He should leave within 3 months of the visa issue date to avoid having to apply for an extension in 2 years time.
Under current regulations he will be able to apply for permanent residency (ILR) 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of the date he entered on his spouse settlment visa.

semi2010
Newly Registered

Post by semi2010 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 pm

hi congratulations for all who get his or her visa i hoppe happy life for all
im so worry my application it was 2 novemb
thy fone my hasbund in his work last monday thy didn t say to him the decision and still never hear any thing from them yet
can any one say his opinion plz
tnx
and congratulations for all other i hoppe hear nice news soon too

semi2010
Newly Registered

Post by semi2010 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:28 pm

casa and harv whene did u apply and did you hear any thing ??????
im so worry

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:53 pm

semi2010 wrote:casa and harv whene did u apply and did you hear any thing ??????
im so worry
I have not applied, I have a long time to go before I get married :(
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm not applying...simply advising (as best I can). My Moroccan husband was granted his entry visa in 2006 and alhamdullilah now has British Citizenship.

shafina

Post by shafina » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 pm

semi2010 wrote:casa and harv whene did u apply and did you hear any thing ??????
im so worry
hi semi, why dont you try to fone the embassy and find out what is going on with your application.InshaAllah they will tell you the outcome and inshaAllah it will be good news Ameen.

semi2010
Newly Registered

Post by semi2010 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm

salam alikom
congratulations for all who got them visas
i hoppe best for all
i did got my visa yesterday from rabat after thy foned me last friday
im so happy after i tought thy not going give it to me becoz i did apply 2 november and thy give it to me let then others
any way alhammdolilh
good luck for all
salam alikom

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:58 am

Congrats semi!!!
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised