ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legal aid for ChildLaw to pay solicitor-is that public fund?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iglu007
Newly Registered

Post by iglu007 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:58 pm

I am in UK under HSMP (now Tier1) since last 2.8 yrs and extension for 2yr is due in May 11.

I have a 1 year old child who had met with an accident and has been injured. Her case is being reviewed by social workers who are trying to put the case to court and are requesting to appoint a Solicitor to represent our case in the court. They have mentioned to us that this is covered in Legal Aid for payment to solicitors. As per endorsement on Tier1 Visa about 'No RECOURSE to PUBLIC Fund", can anyone guide to understand if
- I can use the Legal aid fund to pay solicitor and it will not affect my Visa application extension.
OR
- above is a public fund and I should not be using as this will affect my Tier 1 Visa extension

Any quick response will be appreciated (Great to have any weblink to Border agency site or similar) Thanks.

iglu007
Newly Registered

Post by iglu007 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 am

I would appreciate if any one can post their views here.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:25 pm

no legal aid is not a public fund for the purpose of the immigration rules.