ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family application ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajgopal
Newly Registered

Family application ILR

Post by rajgopal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:31 am

I came to the UK from India, as a 3 year Work permit holder, on an Inter Company Transfer in Sep 2006. My family, wife and daughter, joined me in Nov 2006. I extended the visa(including my wife and daughters) by another 2 years (till Sep 2011) as a Tier 2 Inter Company transferee.

I still work for the same company and plan to apply for an ILR in 2011.

My daughter (studying in UK since Nov 2006) is applying for university education in August this August. She will be 18 in May 2011. Can she apply for ILR in Sep 2011 and If so under what category SET O

Also, as she will be treated as an 'International Student' unless she gets an ILR, can I apply in June 2011 (3 months prior to Sep)

Any help would be highly appreciated.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Family application ILR

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:42 am

rajgopal wrote:My daughter (studying in UK since Nov 2006) is applying for university education in August this August. She will be 18 in May 2011. Can she apply for ILR in Sep 2011 and If so under what category SET O
Children over 18 may apply at the same time as you, but will need to fill up a separate SET(O) form and pay the associated fee.
rajgopal wrote:Also, as she will be treated as an 'International Student' unless she gets an ILR, can I apply in June 2011 (3 months prior to Sep
Under current rules, you cannot apply for settlement any earlier than 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your entry in the UK.

regards

rajgopal
Newly Registered

Post by rajgopal » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks - Sincerely appreciate your help and the response

srs1972
Newly Registered

Re: Family application ILR

Post by srs1972 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

rajgopal wrote:I came to the UK from India, as a 3 year Work permit holder, on an Inter Company Transfer in Sep 2006. My family, wife and daughter, joined me in Nov 2006. I extended the visa(including my wife and daughters) by another 2 years (till Sep 2011) as a Tier 2 Inter Company transferee.

I still work for the same company and plan to apply for an ILR in 2011.

My daughter (studying in UK since Nov 2006) is applying for university education in August this August. She will be 18 in May 2011. Can she apply for ILR in Sep 2011 and If so under what category SET O

Also, as she will be treated as an 'International Student' unless she gets an ILR, can I apply in June 2011 (3 months prior to Sep)

Any help would be highly appreciated.

i doubt you can apply for ILR...on Tier 2 inter company transfer, i understood you cannot apply for ILR?? I may be wrong...but pls check SET(O) form..

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:36 pm

i doubt you can apply for ILR...on Tier 2 inter company transfer, i understood you cannot apply for ILR?? I may be wrong...but pls check SET(O) form.

He can apply for ILR as a Tier 2 Inter Company transferee.but anyone granted leave to remain as Tier 2 Inter Company from April 6 2010 will not be able to apply for ILR again.
See the link below to verify
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tier2/ict/.

please read the last sentence in this website to confirm.
hope this clarify