ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization of those with ILR under judicial review

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mrs Khan

Naturalization of those with ILR under judicial review

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:53 pm

I like some views and clarification by experts on this issue.

I came to UK under HSMP in April 2006-Got four years extension (Till jan 2011) under PBS.Due to Judicial Review success, i was entitle to ILR after 4 years and applied in July 2010 & got my ILR.

I did receive a letter from UKBA when i got my ILR, advising me to enclose that letter with my Naturalization application
Quoting that
Under the terms of Judicial Review, you are deemed to be free from immigration restriction since April 2010.
and when i apply for naturalization i should send that letter so that they consider it from April 2011 , if i dont do that they will consider the date of ILR Stciker on passport."

I will complete my Five years in UK in April 2011. But i want to know if i can apply for Naturalization in April 2011 or shall i do it in July 11 exactly one year after getting ILR

Any comments if i should take a risk & apply for naturalization in april 11purely on the basis of that letter.OR shall i wait till July 2011 though there is a risk if government implements new rules of citizenship in July 2011.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

On / after one year of the date in April 2010 that the letter confirms you are deemed free from immigration restrictions, subject to standard requirements being met.

regards