ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel to UK and apply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jahbones
Newly Registered

Apply if you are already in the UK

Post by jahbones » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Hey

I have a question. If the UK Border Agency has stopped accepting applications overseas would one be able to travel to the UK with all the relevant documentation and apply there? The last time I was in the UK (Dec 2010) they gave me 6 months (no work or recourse to public funds)...

Sorry is the question seems stupid... just wondering

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Apply if you are already in the UK

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:59 pm

jahbones wrote:Hey

I have a question. If the UK Border Agency has stopped accepting applications overseas would one be able to travel to the UK with all the relevant documentation and apply there? The last time I was in the UK (Dec 2010) they gave me 6 months (no work or recourse to public funds)...

Sorry is the question seems stupid... just wondering
Tier 1 (General) policy guidance wrote:Applications from people who are not already in the UK with leave in a category that permits switching into Tier 1 (General) will no longer be accepted.

regards

thiruuk

Re: Apply if you are already in the UK

Post by thiruuk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:04 am

hi friend....

From 23 December 2010 Tier 1 (General) is closed to overseas applicants.
Applications from people who are not already in the UK with leave in a category that permits
switching into Tier 1 (General) will no longer be accepted.

im confused with above.could you please help me on this for my case,currently holding psw which expires on jun'11.i been away from uk for past 10 months(from march'10).im planing to return on march'11. will my application will accepted or not . can i use uplift ratio for my indian earnings.[/b]
tHiRu