ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just around 2 months remaining before Tier 1 is finished

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukswus

Just around 2 months remaining before Tier 1 is finished

Post by ukswus » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:35 pm

Why does Home Office keep quiet about extensions, with so little time remaining? Is it because they just don't care? Or perhaps they have some other agenda?

I am curious what others think.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 pm

Is it time to start sending queries to UKBA to make the announcement early?
Hopefully, volume of queries will shake them and awake them to start moving things.

Dear Mr Zafar,

Thank you for your e-mail. There will be transitional arrangements for
those who are already in the UK under Tier 1 (General) and are seeking
extensions. We will announce details of these transitional arrangements
on our website early in 2011.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

salina02

Post by salina02 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:20 pm

I think they want more applicants to apply for Tier-1.
If they announce the transitional arrangements now which might not be easy to achieve (with respect to salary, degree etc...) in that case some applicants might not apply which in case lossing some revenue.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:30 pm

considering they only announced that Tier 1 INITIAL applications were closing 48 hours before they actually did close them back in December. It would not surprise me if they did the same thing in late March. ie give us short notice, 1st April and closing on 5th April. Otherwise they would have already announced transitional arrangements by now.

If you don't meet the new criteria you are going to have to be quick to get your extension application in before the 5th April and then hope you can get another extension 2 years down the line if you don't meet the 5 year ILR.

For me I personally have my application ready to go in the event they suddenly announce transitional arrangements late in March which for some reason I can't meet the transitional requirements(which I don't think would be a problem but you never know with all the rules changes).

But there must be a reason why they are dragging the transitional arrangement requirements out. If it were as simple as using the same rules you came in on then we would have had that info already publicised by UKBA.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 pm

mtuckersa wrote:considering they only announced that Tier 1 INITIAL applications were closing 48 hours before they actually did close them back in December. It would not surprise me if they did the same thing in late March. ie give us short notice, 1st April and closing on 5th April. Otherwise they would have already announced transitional arrangements by now.
Please do not spread panic without any reason - they will not do such a thing.
Curtailing initial applications from abroad was easy - because nobody is irreparably affected by that. There is no way they would do something similar for hundreds of thousands of in-country migrants already in the PBS system.

I'm sure writing immigration rules is not easy and takes a lot of time - so just be patient a little bit more.

coolguycp1

Post by coolguycp1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:06 pm

The immigration rules shall be published only by mid-March 2011. However, the policy statement shall be issued around late January/early February as per Richard Jackson's email to me before Christmas. Following is the extract of the email:-

The Immigration Rules will most likely not be published until 16 March 2011, 3 weeks before they are due to come into force, as is the Parliamentary convention.

However, we intend to publish a policy statement around late January/early February, which will explain what the effect of the Rules will be.

Regards,
Richard

Richard Jackson
Immigration Policy
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

ENDS

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:37 pm

You guys are seriously stressing about petty stuff. There's a HUGE difference between clsoing new applications and transitional arrangements for existing candidates. HUGE!!!
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Exactly.

meowmeow
Newly Registered

Post by meowmeow » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:40 pm

wunder wrote:I'm sure writing immigration rules is not easy and takes a lot of time - so just be patient a little bit more.
Exactly, especially after the embarrassment they suffered when the interim limit was deemed unlawful. They will want to dot all the Is and cross all the Ts to make sure that they can't be publically made to change something because of a mistake that was made.

The closure of T1G within 48 hours was a retaliation, and so far they have nothing to retaliate against with regard to extension rules.

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 am

wunder wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:considering they only announced that Tier 1 INITIAL applications were closing 48 hours before they actually did close them back in December. It would not surprise me if they did the same thing in late March. ie give us short notice, 1st April and closing on 5th April. Otherwise they would have already announced transitional arrangements by now.
Please do not spread panic without any reason - they will not do such a thing.
Curtailing initial applications from abroad was easy - because nobody is irreparably affected by that. There is no way they would do something similar for hundreds of thousands of in-country migrants already in the PBS system.

I'm sure writing immigration rules is not easy and takes a lot of time - so just be patient a little bit more.
I am not spreading panic, but actually giving good advice, ie. have your application ready to go at any time, IS THIS NOT GOOD ADVICE. There are many people who made very quick applications just before they closed Tier 1 for Initial applications, and many who missed that deadline.

Extensions may be different but its always good to be prepared.

If you are advising people not be prepared with their applications, then I SERIOUSLY think that is the wrong advice.

If you havent noticed many people are anxious about what the extensions rules are going to be, so best one is prepared for ANYTHING! Be proactive NOT reactive.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:05 am

No, you are not giving a good advice. There are all indications that information about extensions will be released by mid-February in the latest - so there will be plenty of time to prepare if the information will be negative (which is highly unlikely anyway!).

If there will be no news by March, then I'd agree with you - but now it is way too early and you do spread panic!

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 am

Just wondering if the mods take a look at the 'Scare-mongering' angle of this thread soon. :roll:

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:36 am

The best option as advised by few is to be prepared for next day application. This scenario is very very unlikely but no one can predict mood swing of David Cameron, Theresa May or Damien Green even they can not. If they had to abolish in-country application in Dec. 10 they could have done but they know very well that they can not convince judges so they have not done. If they would have slight intention of stopping Tier 1 extension then they would have stopped granting any Tier 1 visa.

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 pm

manojk005 wrote:The best option as advised by few is to be prepared for next day application. This scenario is very very unlikely but no one can predict mood swing of David Cameron, Theresa May or Damien Green even they can not. If they had to abolish in-country application in Dec. 10 they could have done but they know very well that they can not convince judges so they have not done. If they would have slight intention of stopping Tier 1 extension then they would have stopped granting any Tier 1 visa.
I agree with you. If they intend to wipe out all the T1 holders, why they keep issuing T1 to new applicants and it is still stated in the application form that there will be a 3 year extension when the intitial 2 year runs off.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 pm

:roll:
*FC* wrote:Just wondering if the mods take a look at the 'Scare-mongering' angle of this thread soon. :roll:

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 pm

I just got new tyres fitted and balanced for my motorbike and I just want to go home so that I can put them on and also change oil and filter and get out on it asap :P

I have many other things to worry about. chill lads n lasses[/img]

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:44 pm

wunder wrote:No, you are not giving a good advice. There are all indications that information about extensions will be released by mid-February in the latest - so there will be plenty of time to prepare if the information will be negative (which is highly unlikely anyway!).

If there will be no news by March, then I'd agree with you - but now it is way too early and you do spread panic!
unless its published on UKBA I dont really care what someone wrote in an email. If its not on UKBA website then its not really relevant.

This is what is on UKBA

'There will be transitional arrangements beyond 6 April 2011 for some applicants who are already in the UK, and we will announce details of these in due course.

So you have translated 'due course' to end of January from one single email.

Sorry but there are people higher than Mr Jackson(no disrespect to Mr Jackson) in UKBA who are making/changing the rules.

Again my advice is to have you appliation ready to go at any time.

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:33 pm

mtuckersa wrote:
wunder wrote:No, you are not giving a good advice. There are all indications that information about extensions will be released by mid-February in the latest - so there will be plenty of time to prepare if the information will be negative (which is highly unlikely anyway!).

unless its published on UKBA I dont really care what someone wrote in an email. If its not on UKBA website then its not really relevant.

This is what is on UKBA

'There will be transitional arrangements beyond 6 April 2011 for some applicants who are already in the UK, and we will announce details of these in due course.

Sorry but there are people higher than Mr Jackson(no disrespect to Mr Jackson) in UKBA who are making/changing the rules.

Easy, buddy. Things are different for extension. I believe most of the people here are worrying about the extension. I agree that getting all the documents ready is a good habbit, but if the HO announced a really tough extension criterion, even you have all the documents ready, what can you do? Can you make youself younger or can you create more income? People here are already stressed enough. Please don't make us panic more.

ukukukuk2011

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:22 am

In UK , People respect judiciary .UK judiciary is one of the fairest in the world . So UKBA already having burnt their hands with HSMP rules change some years back ... will not come up with some stupid rules which will again take them to court .they lost millions to obey court order ..

So i am 100 % sure extension people will be safe . They can only play where there is no way they can be taken to court ....for example new aplications from OUTSIDE uk ..Nobody can take them to court in that case because they can show court many reasons why Tier1 can be closed ...

Just be happy that we are in a country where Judiciary is very fair ...

martincyy wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:

This is what is on UKBA

Easy, buddy. Things are different for extension. I believe most of the people here are worrying about the extension. I agree that getting all the documents ready is a good habbit, but if the HO announced a really tough extension criterion, even you have all the documents ready, what can you do? Can you make youself younger or can you create more income? People here are already stressed enough. Please don't make us panic more.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:56 am

Whats the point in being ready for applying for Tier 1 extension for those Visa expires next year..According to UKBA people have to apply for extension 1 month or 28 days in advance..i have heard many people applying 4 to 5 months in advance..but no one has applied a year + in advance..

So i would recommend that we should stay calm and wait for the decision.
mtuckersa wrote:

This is what is on UKBA

rajaram20

Post by rajaram20 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:26 pm

I wrote to my local MP last month and he has contacted Home Secretary regarding Tier 1 extension. Received a letter from Mr. Damien Green - today..

Reply as follows:

"We are mindful of the impacts that changes to the immigration system can have on those who are already in the UK. Mitigating those impacts must be balanced against the need to ensure robust system and the fact that we cannot keep old provisions in place indefinitely. However, wherever possible we will introduce transitional arrangements for those who are already here.

There will be transitional arrangement for those who are already in the UK under Tier 1(General) and who are seeking extensions. We will announce details of these transitional arrangements early in 2011. "

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:54 pm

rajaram20 wrote:I wrote to my local MP last month and he has contacted Home Secretary regarding Tier 1 extension. Received a letter from Mr. Damien Green - today..

Reply as follows:

"We are mindful of the impacts that changes to the immigration system can have on those who are already in the UK. Mitigating those impacts must be balanced against the need to ensure robust system and the fact that we cannot keep old provisions in place indefinitely. However, wherever possible we will introduce transitional arrangements for those who are already here.

There will be transitional arrangement for those who are already in the UK under Tier 1(General) and who are seeking extensions. We will announce details of these transitional arrangements early in 2011. "
Is this seriously true?
Just getting transitional arrangements won't be enough. They might increase the points which will fail us to meet the requirements.

rajaram20

Post by rajaram20 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:00 pm

pgaitonde wrote:
rajaram20 wrote:I wrote to my local MP last month and he has contacted Home Secretary regarding Tier 1 extension. Received a letter from Mr. Damien Green - today..

Reply as follows:

Is this seriously true?
Just getting transitional arrangements won't be enough. They might increase the points which will fail us to meet the requirements.
There is no reason to post something which is not true. He has mentioned only about transitional arrangements but has not made it clear what it is. So it is better not to speculate at this point.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Gob00st wrote::roll:
*FC* wrote:Just wondering if the mods take a look at the 'Scare-mongering' angle of this thread soon. :roll:
we expect the members to post/opine responsibly. If that's not the case we will be left with no option but to lock the thread.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:13 am

pgaitonde wrote:Whats the point in being ready for applying for Tier 1 extension for those Visa expires next year..According to UKBA people have to apply for extension 1 month or 28 days in advance..i have heard many people applying 4 to 5 months in advance..but no one has applied a year + in advance..

So i would recommend that we should stay calm and wait for the decision.
mtuckersa wrote:

This is what is on UKBA

my visa expires in Aug this year so I fall into that 4 months you are referring to. If I apply on 4th April I can go on EXACTLY the same rules as I came in on. On 5th April I will have to go on transitional arrangement rules.