ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I sposor my wife's uncle?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smoothturbo

Can I sposor my wife's uncle?

Post by smoothturbo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Hiya, I am wondering if anyone could help. My wife's uncle and his family are hoping to vist the UK soon, my wife has only been to the UK for 10 months so is on dependant visa and is not in employment so I am guessing she wont be able to sponsor them. But will I be able to sponsor as her Uncle is not my blood relation? We are living with my Parents and have no room to accommodate her Uncle and family but will I still be able to send them a invitation letter? I mean, would it make any difference to thier application for a visit visa if they can prove they have relatives living in the UK? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance :)

Riyaz

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:43 pm

bump......come on guys someone must knowwww

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:44 am

73 views no replies :(

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:05 am

martincyy

Post by martincyy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:08 am

As far as I understand, your wife's uncle should be able to sponsor himself if he has enough money. All your wife need to provide is a invitation letter. All the document should cover travel plans, accomodation,money, etc.

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:58 pm

thanks for the input guys..

so my wife should be able to provide a invitation letter even though we cant accommodate them where we live?

would they be better off applying as a general visitor as opposed to a family visitor? what u guys reckon?