ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help on Family visitor visa for parents in India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

umasns
Newly Registered

Need help on Family visitor visa for parents in India

Post by umasns » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:41 pm

I have few queries in filling regarding the Family visitor visa for my parents. Please advice me on this.

They are filling up two different application forms individually for each of them. They are enclosing the following documents for the proof of income and savings (all originals + a photocopy).

Ø My father’s Employment details, Salary slip and pass book (since he is employed)

Ø Property registration documents, FD, RD, NSC and other savings proof

Few FD’s are in my mother’s name and few are in dad’s name.

The queries are,

A) Do they have to submit two application forms with one set of financial proof common for both the applications or they need to attach proof what ever they have in their names individually?

How they will show the common savings proof like bank A/C?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Your parents need to submitt seperate forms each for themselves.

However when submitting the forms,attach the main documents with your fathers application, and attach the same copies with your mums application.

When you complete the Sponsorship Declarartion, attach an accompanying letter explaining why you wish your parents to come to the UK.

In the letter explain that the original documents are with your dads form, instead of your mums and if they wish to cross reference, they can do so easily. ( They should be able to do it themselves after looking at part8.2 of the form which asks if the applicant is travelling together with some other member of the family.

Hopefully this should work for them

umasns
Newly Registered

Post by umasns » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:00 pm

hi batleykhan,

Thanks for the advise.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:15 pm

Your parents need to submitt seperate forms each for themselves.

However when submitting the forms,attach the main documents with your fathers application, and attach the same copies with your mums application.

When you complete the Sponsorship Declarartion, attach an accompanying letter explaining why you wish your parents to come to the UK.

In the letter explain that the original documents are with your dads form, instead of your mums and if they wish to cross reference, they can do so easily. ( They should be able to do it themselves after looking at part8.2 of the form which asks if the applicant is travelling together with some other member of the family.

Hopefully this should work for them
Yes VFS accept two forms for both visitors(mom and dad)
But if parents have to submit originals with dad's form and xerox with mom's form, how bout sponsor's documents?
do they need to make and submit two copies of sponsor's documents?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 18, 2009 5:27 pm

You should submit one set of original documents with your fathers applicatopn.

The exact same documents copies should be attached with your mums application, with a note saying the originals are with your dads application.

Hopefully the BHC should link them together when they are looking at them

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu May 28, 2009 3:11 pm

II all,
fyi, My parents submitted the application on 25th May 2009 in Delhi,India office.

To be on the safer side, they had made two sets, one for dad's forms(original) and one for mum's forms(xerox). sponsor's documents (original) was single set only.

But while submitting at vfs, vfs people put both the applications sets in one package and kept it.

I have submitted all required documents and just waiting for the decision.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Fri May 29, 2009 12:10 am

Will they be required to submit originals even in the case of property documents? Isn't there a chance the BHC would lose them between the hundreds of thousands of papers they receive everyday?

mwaqas

Post by mwaqas » Fri May 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi hsmp0804,

Would you please tell me wat sort of documents you sent it to your parents and wat sort of documents they submitt from there side.
I am planning to apply for my parents visit visa soon.

awaiting for reply.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:04 am

Hi

Here are the documents I sent from UK:
Cover/sponsor letter
6 months bank statements
salary slips
employer letter
copy of offer letter
copy of P60
house agreement copy
council bills copy
utility bills
passport/visa copies
approval letter copy

Here are the documents my parents submitted:
Cover letter
white background photo (size 45mmX35 mm)
property docs copy
Car Docs
Dads 2 bank's statements(one month each)
and mom's 1 month bank statement
Fixed deposite certificate copy
Cover letter talks about all my relatives and strong ties to Hometown

Nowdays there's huge rush at Delhi,India VFS. Loads of applications are being submitted everyday. and looks like its taking more processing time.
Does anyone else faced the same?

Will they be required to submit originals even in the case of property documents? Isn't there a chance the BHC would lose them between the hundreds of thousands of papers they receive everyday?
My parents asked VFS people for property originals and they said copies would do. So my parents gave copies of property papers.

Tyro

family visitor

Post by Tyro » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi there, have your parents got visa finally,
I am in the same boat now and have sent my document to india for my parents visa
what I sent is

6 months pay slip
copy of passport and visa
copy of council tax
sponsor letter
copy of tenancy aggreement
four months bank statement,

I have made a mistake in covering letter I mentioned my parents but didn't mention their name

Also my father and mother are not in job,
please advise what happened to your application and what other ducument should we submitt.
good luck and thanks in advance

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks everyone.
My parents got the visa. I have already listed the docs sent to ppl who wants to apply.
It took 17 working days for visa to be processed.

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 am

Hi All,

Could anyone pls advice me on this.Myself with family and my sister with her family live here in UK.My brother-in law and sister have applied for their ILR and their application is currently with homeoffice for processing but they do have an ack letter.

I would like to invite my parents to UK to visit me and my sister.Should i submit the passport/visa (one with expired visa) copy of my brother-in law and sister too? since in the VAF1B,it is mentioned that we need to submit the evidence of the all the family members that the applicant is intend to visit but im the one who is sponsoring my parents.

Thanks

samnick
Newly Registered

Post by samnick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 am

Also is there any possiblity for visa to be refused to my parents since my sister has applied for ILR and doesnt know about UKBA decision yet.