ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 after divorce with child COA and waiting times

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ariana
Newly Registered

EEA4 after divorce with child COA and waiting times

Post by ariana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:39 pm

HI ALL,
Please need some help regarding my application EEA4:
iam not EU came in UK june 2002
OCT 2004 married with EU in UK
FEB 2006 I recive Res Card till FEB 2011
2007 - we have a child apply for her res card,and now in my passport 2 res card for my self (one exp feb 2011,second oct 2012) and my child res card exp oct 2012.
nov 2008- divorce with my ex. ( married for 4 years)
applyed EEA4 with my child 09/12/2010 got COA today.Its says - Thank you for application for Permanent Residence Card. And all text as usuall,but at the end of letter:
-At this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in the United Kingdom. This will depend on the outcome of the application. The enclosed Questions and Answers sheet provides more information about employment rights.

Why?
I supply all relevant documents with my application ( mar. certificate,divorce,ex husbant working from 2004-till now never stop,i am self emloyment all this time,child nursery letter, joint bank account,my comoany account and letter from accounter and revenue,all consil tax and bills for both names froom 2004-2008 and all....).
I dont understand what HO mean - We will consider your application but may need to contact you for some additional or alternative evidence.Until work on your application has been completed we will not be able to provide confirmation on your current status.
Its mean i have no right to work now? But how iam going to live? and my child?for 6 month waiting time? they ant me to close my company untill they consider my application?
What do you think? Probably its new Coa letter from this year.
Pleas dear experts i need your help and advise. Thanks.

ariana
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 after divorce with child COA and waiting times

Post by ariana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:23 pm

:D
Wat do you think? Probably its new Coa letter from this year.
Pleas dear experts i need your help and advise. Thanks.[/quote]

ariana
Newly Registered

Re: EEA4 after divorce with child COA and waiting times

Post by ariana » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:30 pm

ariana wrote::D
Wat do you think? Probably its new Coa letter from this year.
Pleas dear experts i need your help and advise. Thanks.
[/quote]
No HELP but really like this fprum!!!!
Good luck all the best to all!!!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:15 am

It doesn't mean that you are not allowed to work it just means that until they have assessed your application they can't confirm that you are allowed to work . It is just a standard letter they are sending out because obviously some who apply for PR do not qualify and may no longer have a right of residence (particularly if they have ceased to be a family member).

If you are confident you have been exercising treaty rights for 5 years and/or have retained the right of residence after your divorce then you should continue working.

Are you working at the moment? What nationality is your child?

ariana
Newly Registered

Post by ariana » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:32 am

Greenie wrote:It doesn't mean that you are not allowed to work it just means that until they have assessed your application they can't confirm that you are allowed to work . It is just a standard letter they are sending out because obviously some who apply for PR do not qualify and may no longer have a right of residence (particularly if they have ceased to be a family member).

If you are confident you have been exercising treaty rights for 5 years and/or have retained the right of residence after your divorce then you should continue working.

Are you working at the moment? What nationality is your child?
Hi Greenie! Yes iam working now - self employment on my own company.i live in uk since 2002,my child is non eea,same as me. i didn't send any letter to HO after divorce in NOV 2008 to retain the right of residence (i didn't know that i should do).Just now i apply for PR using form EEA4.

ariana
Newly Registered

Post by ariana » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:38 am

some who apply for PR do not qualify and may no longer have a right of residence (particularly if they have ceased to be a family member).

Do you think iam not qualify?
But this COA letter not same as my friends recieved with a similar situation,and if i work somewere as employment - this letter not helping at all to work or to get job ( sometime employer ask for letter).

shahinlondon
Newly Registered

Post by shahinlondon » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:02 pm

ariana wrote: my child is non eea,same as me.
How come your child is not an EEA National? If your child's father is your ex EEA National than you must need to apply your child's father's EEA nationality.

ariana
Newly Registered

Post by ariana » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:05 pm

shahinlondon wrote:
ariana wrote: my child is non eea,same as me.
How come your child is not an EEA National? If your child's father is your ex EEA National than you must need to apply your child's father's EEA nationality.
What do you mean - you must to apply your child's father EEA nationality,its my choice and i didn't apply for her EEA passport.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:35 pm

So the child does not have an EEA passport, but nevertheless do they have your ex-spouse's nationality?

What is that nationality?
John

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:50 pm

If you had kept this in a single thread it may have been easier for all interesting parties to follow...