ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent plz help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

black_pearl

urgent plz help

Post by black_pearl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:31 am

can parent in law support daughter in law and grandson for tier 4 student dependents application? need an urgent answer. i have just a letter from the parents in law stating that they will support the son, daughter in law and grandson plus letter from their bank confirming the funds. willthat be a point of refusal for the main applicants application? need an urgent answer as visa expiring next week

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 pm

can some one please enlighten me on this:
i have submitted an original signed letter from the parents in law, giving permission to use their funds, an origina bank letter, birth certificate proving husband's relations with the parents. is this enough? or will that be a point of refusal for the main applicant as well as us as the dependants.
please kindly help.
what should i do?

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

please can some one shed light on this matter? will this be a ground of refusal?please help

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:21 pm

The UKBA Tier 4 Maintenance Guide says the person who want to sponsor a Tier 4 Migrant should be the legal guardian of the applicant and can give proof of funds + proof of ID (ID Card/Passport)+Affidavit of Support/Letter of consent and funds must be in account from consecutive 28 days.

And about legal guardian, if they are other than your parents, you need to show a court/legal document + letter of financial consent as specified by UKBA in maintenance guide.

So I have TWO answers:

Application will be refused on the above grounds that they are not your legal guardians.
OR
There is a chance that may be the documents/letters you have submitted with your application, supporting/alternative enough as legal documents. But only a lawyer can tell you about exact alternative legal documents.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:29 pm

black_pearl wrote:can some one please enlighten me on this:
i have submitted an original signed letter from the parents in law, giving permission to use their funds, an origina bank letter, birth certificate proving husband's relations with the parents. is this enough? or will that be a point of refusal for the main applicant as well as us as the dependants.
please kindly help.
what should i do?
no not correct see guidance
pennyless

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:48 pm

many thanks. finally a reply!!
well that means what i did was wrong and there is high chance that the application may be refused on grounds of insufficient funds.
right :oops: :(

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Right! but...

The only confusion I have is may be there is any family law who says when a girl gets married and start living with her hubby and in-laws, they become guardian of that girl rather than real parents and guardianship changes through a marriage certificate which is a legal document.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

JKMEMON
BANNED

Post by JKMEMON » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:48 am

black_pearl wrote:can some one please enlighten me on this:
please kindly help.
what should i do?
Hi, if you could allow my opinion.

The application will be refused. It is best to transfer the funds into the principal applicant's account. The matter will go into appeal and in appeal it may be allowed provided the fact that funds maintained by the time appeal comes before the judge.

Regards
JKMEMON

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:23 pm

many thanks for the reply.
i have asked my mother to support me.please advice will that be sufficient evidence of maintenance?can a parent support a tier 4 dependant.
this is the end of line for me. i dont have any other option. so if both the mother in law and the mother's support is not a sufficient evidence then i am totally lost. please advice.

raiisaj
Newly Registered

Post by raiisaj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:26 am

Its ok if ur mother is supporting you as long as you can show that you are related by blood (Birth Cert and say her int. passport).

HOWEVER,

I will go inline with wat the other person said about getting the funds tranferred to your account. Its just for 28days and to make the matters a little bit funny, ure married with a child and really in true sense should not be depending on your mother for such.

They might assume ure using her as a front and not truly going to study.

Get the funds in your account and get it to stay there for atleast 1month

black_pearl

Post by black_pearl » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:46 pm

well it worked.we submitted original birth certificates of my husband and myself, original signed consent letters from my mother in law giving her permission for us (son, daughter in law and grandson) to use her funds as well as a signed letter from my mother stating that she is willing to support us (daughter and grandson). just thought to let every one know as it might help some one else.