ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding 'qualifying periods'

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cloud0112
Newly Registered

Question regarding 'qualifying periods'

Post by cloud0112 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:04 pm

Hello there,

I started working as full-time since October 2007 after completing my postgraudate course in the UK. At first, I was under IGS(International Graduate Scheme) and then got work permit visa in Aug 2008.

But my previous employer was closed down in Jan 2009 so I had to apply for another job. I applied for Tier 1(General) and got T1 visa in Mar 2009 and has been working for another company since then.

When I apply for ILR, will my stay with IGS be included 5 year qualifying periods? Or do I need to count the work permit & tier 1 only?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

YJ

xyz123

Re: Question regarding 'qualifying periods'

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:13 pm

cloud0112 wrote:Hello there,

I started working as full-time since October 2007 after completing my postgraudate course in the UK. At first, I was under IGS(International Graduate Scheme) and then got work permit visa in Aug 2008.

But my previous employer was closed down in Jan 2009 so I had to apply for another job. I applied for Tier 1(General) and got T1 visa in Mar 2009 and has been working for another company since then.

When I apply for ILR, will my stay with IGS be included 5 year qualifying periods? Or do I need to count the work permit & tier 1 only?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

YJ
Any post study visa (like IGS) is not considered while counting the 5 years requirement for ILR. So earlierst you can apply is April 2013 (assuming you dont get married to a settled person and ILR rules are still same in 2.5 years)...

cloud0112
Newly Registered

Post by cloud0112 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks for your reply, xyz123.